Ideal Poultry Bantam Assortment- picture heavy

TattooedChicks

Songster
Jan 21, 2017
Kansas City
Hatched on 6/13, I know it's super early, but I thought it would be fun to play who's-who on my new batch. I ordered 2 black Cochins, 2 btw Japanese, and 2 sdw Old English, the others are hatchery choice!

I'll post more pictures as they grow up too. :)

output.JPG 1- mottled jap? output.JPG 2- btw Jap
output.JPG 3- btw jap output.JPG 4- ? output.JPG 5-? output.JPG 6- ?
output.JPG 7-? output.JPG 8-?
output.JPG 9- brahma? output.JPG 10- black Cochin
output.JPG 11- sdw oegb output.JPG 12- ?
output.JPG 13-? output.JPG 14- buff orp?
output.JPG 15- buff brahma? output.JPG 16- sdw oegb
output.JPG 17- black Cochin output.JPG 18- black Sumatra???
output.JPG 19- dark brahma? output.JPG 20- another black Cochin?

Last edited:
OH PLEASE enjoy them as chicks. They are only a few days old, and when they are fully feathered out the colors will probably not be any where the same. Try posting new photos when they are 8 weeks old.

So many chicks start out the same color etc.

I like to tell folks if they want to know what gender at birth - get a puppy.

Now one week old! Let's see how many guesses carried over with the latest developments. :)

IMG_0139.JPG
1- Birchen Cochin IMG_0141.JPG
2- Black Cochin
IMG_0143.JPG
3- Btw Jap
IMG_0145.JPG
4- Sdw Oegb
IMG_0146.JPG
5- Mille Fleur D'Uccle
IMG_0147.JPG
6- Btw jap
IMG_0148.JPG
7- Partridge Cochin
IMG_0149.JPG
8- White Cochin
IMG_0150.JPG
9- Mille Fleur d'Uccle
IMG_0151.JPG
10- Porcelain d'Uccle
IMG_0152.JPG
11- White d'Uccle
IMG_0153.JPG
12- Mottled Jap
IMG_0154.JPG
13- Self Blue Cochin
IMG_0155.JPG
14- Buff Orpington
IMG_0157.JPG
15- Black Cochin
IMG_0159.JPG
16- Black Sumatra
IMG_0160.JPG
17- Gold laced Cochin
output.JPG
18- Partridge Cochin
IMG_0145.JPG IMG_0169.JPG
19 & 20
Sdw Oegb and one very camera shy Oegb of unknown color

Last edited:
Looks like a girl to me and since white d'Uccles are rare I think the extra toes come from inbreeding. Yay you have 4 hens now- was it difficult to find homes for the roos?
Oh yay!!!! That's such a relief. Well, if that makes four, then I still have 8 more boys to put on Craigslist. That's the only way I've been able to rehome any of them.

Though I'm considering keep a lone roo to make some babies next year, but he has to be quiet. I'm hoping one of my btw japs will do the trick and not make much fuss if he has no competition. Plus, how loud could a one pound bird really be? Lol. That or my beautiful gold lace Cochin, but that bird feels more like a gamble where my japs are like tiny waddling puppies.

IMG_0691.JPG

I think you are correct about 1, 10, 20, 19, 11, 17, and 16. 5 looks like a Porcelain d'Uccle. Does 4 have feathered feet? 7 looks like a Partridge Cochin, 8 looks like a Cochin, 9 the muffed cheeks make me think d'Uccle possibly a Millie Fleur. 12 again thinking d'Uccle, does 13 have muffed cheeks? 14 not sure, 15 thinking Cochin, 19 I'm thinking Brahma. Sorry for jumping all over the place, since there are so many possible breeds which they could be (especially feathered footed breeds :)) I gave my best guess. They sure are cute little boogers!

OH PLEASE enjoy them as chicks. They are only a few days old, and when they are fully feathered out the colors will probably not be any where the same. Try posting new photos when they are 8 weeks old.

So many chicks start out the same color etc.

I like to tell folks if they want to know what gender at birth - get a puppy.
Oh I'm not interested in their gender at this point, only curious as I what assortment I was blessed with.

I'm enjoying them immensely-- and half the fun is guessing what's to come under all that fluffy down. Just yesterday I started to notice the little black spots coming through on the wings of what appears to be some lovely little Mille Fleur d,Uccles.

It's like Christmas almost, wondering what's inside that cute little gift. :)

Back
Top Bottom