Ideal Poultry first order????

Ideals customer service can not be beat.The birds I got from them were nice looking birds my millies were amazing,only birds I got from them I didnt like were porcelain DUccles the feather on ther roosters was terrible.All other breeds ive got looked as nice if not better than most pictures of the breed ive saw on the net.I have had one big lose of birds from them but they refunded the money no problem.All my other shipments have been pretty healthy losing one or two out of 30-40 birds,,,,,,that being said They have sent me the wrong breed twice lol One time was really confusing as they were blue mille fluers which can have spalshes in them as well.I ordered 16 blues and 6 buff columbians they got the ordered mixed around i got 16 buffs and 6 blues.When they got older I just thought all the buffs were the spash color they were saying u can get when ordering a blue colored bird
smile.png
Took me about a year to figure out what happened
tongue.png
I emailed them pics and they said yep those are buff colombians.Last order they sent me cornish cross instead of cornish it was only 2 birds so not the end of the world.I think they are a good hatchery,i just placed another order with them.I used to use murray mcurray as well when i was a kid and they were alwasy great as well.But its been 20 years since ive bought from them.

Last edited:
I am a BIG fan of Ideal Poultry! I have ordered 125 chicks from them in the last 6 months! They have so many varieties that are hard to find! I think they do the best they can for breeding selection while still running a large operation that is profitable! Some of their stock is show quality, I personally won grand Champion of our state fair with their black australorps some years ago. I have heard of other winners from their stock.

Here is the breakdown:

Oct 19th order - ordered 25 bantam special (straight run) and 12 New Hampshire Red Pullets, 11 Black Australorp Pullets and 2 BA cockerels. The sexed chicks were 100% accurate. I kept a trio of the BAs and 8 of the bantams, 1 partridge Silkie is missing the 5th toe on 1 foot, but they are all friendly and pretty!

Dec 1st order - 25 Pullet Surprise and 2 E.E.s - No extras, but only lost 1 at 1 week old (suspected trample victim) 100% accurate sexing - all healthy and happy - sold all as started pullets - good assortment

Jan 5th order - 25 Pullet Surprise - 1 extra all happy and healthy, sold all 26 at 1 week old! 14 were Barred Plymouth Rocks and 12 RIRs

Jan 12th order - 25 Pullet Surprise - sent 2 extra all happy and healthy! 8 E.E.s, 4 Black (maybe Australorps) and the rest are an assortment of RIRs, production reds, sexlinks and maybe some buffs.

Their customer service is spot on and their chicks thrive! I have resold 87 of their chicks, made some money and not had a single complaint or heard of a death or a sick chick!

Their shipping charges are VERY reasonable! I think it is 15 cents a chick for states that are not right next to Texas. The small order charge is $7 for any order under 100 chicks! $1 charge for any quantity under 25 is a very reasonable boxing fee!

Back
Top Bottom