Ideal Poultry Shamo - Ko-Shamo, Chu-Shamo or O-Shamo?

Birdfeathers123

Chirping
7 Years
Jan 20, 2013
Centre County, Pennsylvania
Hi everyone,
I would like to know whether Ideal Poultry's Shamo chickens are O-Shamo, Chu-Shamo, or Ko-Shamo. I called customer service and they didn't know what I was talking about - I asked whether there was anyone there who might know, but she said no. Does anyone know?
Thank you!!

BTW, if you are just looking for an interesting flock addition then they will fit the bill. Should still have some Oriental personality, too. And could possibly be bred up to a show standard, but as far as them being game (for the sake of preservation) that's not gonna happen.

BTW, if you are just looking for an interesting flock addition then they will fit the bill. Should still have some Oriental personality, too. And could possibly be bred up to a show standard, but as far as them being game (for the sake of preservation) that's not gonna happen.
I have a cockerel and pullet O-Shamo from Jim Zook - they both look great so far. I don't plan on showing anytime soon, but at some point I'm interested in preserving the breed. Do you know whether it's illegal to import from Japan because of disease concerns, or because cockfighting is illegal in the USA?

Yea. They are working on an import hatchery, but I don't know when that will get going. And get plenty of $ out! Anyway, those birds from Jim Zook should prove great. GL with them.

If you truely want a real shamo or o-shamo get them from a legit breeder on Ultimate Fowl. A friend of mine bought shamos from Ideal and then brought them over to show us since we have orientals, they weren't shamos at all. They were egg layer crossed to shamo.

If you truely want a real shamo or o-shamo get them from a legit breeder on Ultimate Fowl. A friend of mine bought shamos from Ideal and then brought them over to show us since we have orientals, they weren't shamos at all. They were egg layer crossed to shamo.
Thank you - too bad about Ideal. Sounds like I'll be making an account with Ultimate Fowl.

Back
Top Bottom