Ideal Poultry!

Have you ordered from Ideal Poultry this year (2011)?

• I ordered and already got my birds.

Votes: 66 36.7%
  • I ordered and I am awaiting my order!

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I wanted to order but they are sold out of what I want.

Votes: 18 10.0%
  • No. (This option is for Illia ;-)

Votes: 37 20.6%

• Total voters
Quote:
what did you get as packing peanuts? I am having some of my DOA resent next week and they are adding some to my order and kind of curious what to expect.
hmm.png

I got blue, splash, and black cochins as packing peanuts. I sold all but one. I am curious what I'll get this time!
Here is my beautiful packing peanut "Krull"
78308_bc31wk.jpg

My email just came. Your poultry has shipped.
hide.gif

20 red broilers, first time to try this instead of cornish x
20 Gold sex links I like my layers
6 Golden Phoenix, I dont know why
10 RIR pullets
15 Cream Brabenters, just to look at
10 something else.

hit.gif
I have lost my mind. I already have chicks EVERYWHERE, and my BWA are hatching on Friday.
he.gif

I really need an intervention.
barnie.gif

I ordered from them twice last year. Very pleased with both orders. I had placed an order with them earlier this year, but canceled when I found a local supplier that carried most of the chicks I wanted. They canceled the order with no quesions asked. They are also great at changing your order at any time. And yes, their prices are by far the best of any online hatchery.

As far as the Ideal site showing "Sold Out" on almost everything, I've found this seems to happen around this time each year. Keep checking the site - out of no where they will all become available again.

Last edited:
I received the email last night (Wednesday the 9th) ) saying my chicks were shipped. (Actually for some reason I got 4 emails saying they were shipped). Surprise - I get a call at work today (Thursday the 10th) my chicks are at the post office. I didn't think that was possible; TX to IL overnight. Well sure enough they actually shipped on Tuesday the 8th. I wish they had mentioned they shipped a day early - I had to scramble around and get every thing together and then rush back to work.

Doesn't really matter in the long run, the chicks arrived in the normal shipping time and are in great shape, all busy and cute. I ordered 25 and received 25. At least I believe I counted 25, they move too fast to count now.

Edited to say - the chicks I ordered were marked as sold out, so I clicked on the "let me know when they are available" button and Ideal called within a few days and I was able to order. I believe that was about 3 weeks or a month ago, so Ideal really will contact you with availability.

Last edited:
Quote:
Baybrio - Thanks for sharing your experience! I have had similar experiences with Ideal, their "poultry has been shipped" emailing system is kinda wonky; sometimes I get 2 notifications, sometimes I don't get one at all! They don't provide any tracking, but I hear they ship several hundred orders a week!!!!!
ep.gif

I very seldom get an extra chick, but I very seldom have any loses either. I wish they would send 1-2 extras with each order.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I am expecting some bantams next week from Ideal! I hope the weather cooperates! Bantams are all they have right now, other than roosters!!!!!

My month-olds from Ideal are thriving and getting more beautiful every day!
love.gif

IdealisticRoo, Good luck with the bantams, around here about the time you can count on the weather not being too cold, we have to worry about it being too hot.
smile.png

I hope my post didn't sound like I was complaining - I was just reporting. I find the number of healthy chicks shipped by the major hatcheries just completely amazing. Especially the hatcheries like Ideal that have many breeds and allow folks to buy just a few of this and a few of that.

Back
Top Bottom