Ideal Poultry!

Have you ordered from Ideal Poultry this year (2011)?

• I ordered and already got my birds.

Votes: 66 36.7%
  • I ordered and I am awaiting my order!

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I wanted to order but they are sold out of what I want.

Votes: 18 10.0%
  • No. (This option is for Illia ;-)

Votes: 37 20.6%

• Total voters
I am happy with IDEAL, they have always shipped out when they told me they would, I did have half the order DOA on my first order but Missy at Ideal provided excellent customer service and replaced them in excellent timing. I did lose 2 on the replacements but I feel it had to do with shipping and not Ideal.
Their customer service has always been fast to respond to any concerns by phone or email, even if I had to leave to leave a message. Prices are fair and I see myself ordering from them again in the future.

thumbsup.gif

I picked up our order of 32 bantams (Moderns, OEG and cochins) yesterday morning!

All 32 survived the trip! They move so fast and I was so excited to get them into the brooder, that I forgot to count them to see if they sent any extras!

The Self Blue chicks of all 3 breeds are a beautiful silver Lavender color!
love.gif
love.gif

I ordered 26 silkies from Ideal mid-Feb & 23 arrived DOA and the other 3 died later that afternoon. Won't order from them again...(to their credit they did refund my money, but that doesn't erase the memory of opening a box of dead chicks).

I can understand how that was hard to see but I agree with PP, shipping is very hard on these chicks and I wouldn't blame Ideal.

I just placed my 3rd order with them today, which is a very small order.

I have one Barred Rock Rooster and a Buff Orpington Rooster, variety of 3 Cochins straight run and whatever Packaging peanuts may show up.

if anyone in Florida needs some Free Peanuts let me know.

tongue.png

I have been so tempted to just order a few roosters, just for fun, because they are out of pullets, but I could see myself ending up with 25 assorted roos!

I wouldn't know what to do with all those roosters...lol

I am kind of curious what I am going to do with what I have now.

I have a black australop roo, a black copper marans roo and then the 2 roo's on the way.

I am planning on putting all my marans with my roo in their own separate area so I can sell eggs or hatch and sell chicks. I figure the two on the way will most likely get along as long as they don't have too much of a disagreement over who is the head honcho...

Then my black australop male (such a sweet baby) I may need to set up a sepearate area for him and a couple of my BA hens..

Now I know this is an Ideal thread but I have been peaking on Mt. Healthys web site and Mc Murrays... They are not sold out yet!

Seems like the way to go is to be placed on the "notify me" list. I did this for the Houdans, was contacted within a couple of weeks, and am now expecting 11 of them next week.

On a side note, I would love to hear from folks who have opinions and experiences with how well their Ideal birds do in shows and/or compare to their respective breed standards. Have been looking for Houdans for a year now and it seems that, along with opinion on the Houdan thread, one needs to import them in order to get birds that are solid examples of what a Houdan should be. I spoke with Ron at Ideal, (if I'm remembering his name right) and asked about their breeding philosophy with regard to breed standards and was pleased enough with the answer to order. No, I am not expecting a nice, quality Houdan - but I am expecting them to not be overgrown Polish. Which I adore as well, but… ;-)

I placed an order for 9 O. E. Bantam chicks on March 12th with March 14th as my desired delivery date. I got a conformation the next day they my chicks would be shipped out on the 16th. My chicks (plus 9 more male babies) arrived the next day happy and healthy. I posted the little packing peanut boys on craigslist and found them a new home right away because they were picking at my little ones. I myself am definitely happy with my order and plan to get another set this summer once some of the varities they were "out of stock" become available and these little ones are out of the brooder.

Back
Top Bottom