Ideal Poultry

physoforsilkies, I did get them for yard ornaments as we love them. I have a couple other older ones I hatched from some eggs I bought and they are the ones my daughter will show in 4H. blue/partridge silkies. They did send me a really nice vaulted splash with great toe spacing and nice beard. nice feathered legs through the middle toe and they sent and a nice bearded black and a gray not vaulted but just as good as the splash feathering ,toe and beard wise. So it's as you said,some good some yard ornaments but here at my home all of ours are pets and yard ornaments .They are like my adopted kids lol. I just wonder if they buy eggs from mass breeders or if they have their own breeding stock.I will post post every couple weeks on the progress. I am not unhappy at all. I knew what I was getting before ordering. They are the only place I could find the b.c white polish my daughter wanted so I got me some more silkies

i have some bad nes...yesterday i dounf a hurt duck ans i thought he was doing good. but today i was feeding and i noticed some blood splattered on the big trash cans and duck feathers all around
hit.gif

so thay won't send you packing peanuts unless you have 25 or more?

they send packing peanuts if you have a small order . ok I was wrong on my math lol. sorry, math was never my strong point . I had 7 replacements and they sent 16 peanuts as well. I had 23 total in the box close to 25 chicks. I think if you had a order of turkeys or ducks they don't send as many but it depends on the weather is what they told me. Rsleghornchicki,- you have a small order also so I would think you will get enough peanuts to make your order close to 25 total .I have to say these little orpington peanuts are very cute , so cute my daughter has talked me into letting her keep one for 4H. I didn't tell her but I wanted to keep one also lol. Now to find homes for the rest. All the chicks are doing great this morning. A huge difference from the last ones I lost. all are running around ,eating good and drinking good. So far it's looking good for all of them.I put the peanuts in with the other peanuts and they are all doing great.

had to post the good news, I got rid of all the peanuts today
celebrate.gif
.Put them on craigslist for free and they were gone within an hour. I did have one of the new peanuts die but so far all of my replacements are doing good. Keeping fingers crossed
fl.gif

had to post the good news, I got rid of all the peanuts today
celebrate.gif
.Put them on craigslist for free and they were gone within an hour. I did have one of the new peanuts die but so far all of my replacements are doing good. Keeping fingers crossed
fl.gif

Mine all left yesterday. The goslings and ducklings are much happier without all of those chicks in there.

I placed an order for six (a variety -- each of my kids likes their own chicken LOL) and 2 ducklings. They are supposed to be shipping on the 22nd. How many peanuts do they usually send?? I live in PA. I am so excited though and my kids have NO idea they are on their way. They think we're still debating on whether to get chickens or not.

The wait is killing me though. I've never seen time go so slowly!

Yes, the 22nd is Wed. I re-read my email from them and it said that my babies are leaving the hatchery on the 22nd. Just a few more days!!!

I'm guessing I'll be getting the peanuts cause my order is small. I suppose one couldn't request that if they have lots of a certain breed left over that they give you some of those? I'm wondering if I should have them marked.

Back
Top Bottom