Ideal Poultry

awwwwwwwww he is gorgeous
thumbsup.gif
sorry his long ears told me hound mix. thay seam a little long for pointers but i woudn't know i have three 2 cattle dog crosses and a purebred border collie

awwwwwwwww he is gorgeous
thumbsup.gif
sorry his long ears told me hound mix. thay seam a little long for pointers but i woudn't know i have three 2 cattle dog crosses and a purebred border collie

We're saying pointer because he points and his color pattrn, but hey he could coon hound in him. It wouldn't suprise me, he sleeps all the time lol. We also have an ACD mix thats 6 months old, we think she may be an ACD/border collie mix maybe. She's lean, runs really low to the ground, and pounces.

I have to disagree a little on the silkies, I have seen some all grown up from ideal and I also have with my order I got a couple very nice silkie chicks. Most are average but I have a splash that's vaulted,fully feathered through middle toes nice feathering I might say, perfect toe spacing and nice beard for a chick, I have a gray that's the same but not vaulted and I have a buff that comes real close to the others. Yes the rest are not as good a couple bad but I agree you never know what you get from a hatchery, I was lucky and got a few good. So that's why I had to disagree beacuse I got 3 that look very nice from ideal. I must say that even purchased from a breeder that you could also get not so good quality. I got mine for yard ornaments because besides giving me eggs they are great bug eaters and look cute in the yard.

The only breeding stock ideal actually has on their farms are their bantam breeds, all of their standards come from other sources, they have alot of great chicks for laying purposes and such. they are helpful and have- good customer service. just depends on what you are looking for

The only breeding stock ideal actually has on their farms are their bantam breeds, all of their standards come from other sources, they have alot of great chicks for laying purposes and such. they are helpful and have- good customer service. just depends on what you are looking for

I agree, they are wonderful to work with and wonderful customer service.I am not looking for show quality as I don't show. I love chickens and I feel so bad for these breeders that mass hatch silkies and if the chicks are not to their standards they cull them. I think thats just horrible.How can anyone that does that say they love them? I am sorry I just got done reading some of the peoples comments on other threads that do that and It made me sick. I had to get it out. Anyway I know some are getting their babies this week. I am excited for you .

I agree, they are wonderful to work with and wonderful customer service.I am not looking for show quality as I don't show. I love chickens and I feel so bad for these breeders that mass hatch silkies and if the chicks are not to their standards they cull them. I think thats just horrible.How can anyone that does that say they love them? I am sorry I just got done reading some of the peoples comments on other threads that do that and It made me sick. I had to get it out. Anyway I know some are getting their babies this week. I am excited for you .

I'm with you, I'm not ordering my silkies to be shown. I also refuse to go thru a breeder but mainly because I can't believe how expensive they are thru the breeder. Our silkies are just here because my DD really wanted one, they are basically ornamental for us. As for Ideal, I have had great customer service so far.

Back
Top Bottom