Ideas for crafts using chicken feathers?

Before my son was born I was a florist. I love doing arrangements and will try anything so I did up some feather arrangements. I have only sold one so I wouldn't call it a hot item, but they are cute and fun. I have also just sold containers of various feathers for other crafters to use. The guinea feathers are the hot item.

Everyone has such great ideas! One of the reasons I love this site! I am going to order a fly tying kit and use some of the feathers that way. It looks very relaxing from what I have seen. Anyone remember 'roach clips' from the 80's? Maybe the head shops need some new merchandise. Thank you everyone for super ideas. I just get so excited when the girls leave me feathered presents around the yard.

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone could tell me where I could sell some beautiful rooster pelts and saddle feathers at? Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

Dream catchers was already mentioned, but any kinds of indian crafts, rain sticks, medicine bags and such.
I have friends that make a lot of these and they are all about my mille fleur bantam feathers lol

Recent Rooster Skinned - saving all savable areas and nailed and rubbed in borax - 2 last wing pieces were saved and layered in box with borax -those will be at least a month - skins have been stretched with borax for a week and today have to hit any wet spots with borax -

But I am looking for how to clean the borax off the feathers.... and how to make stuff out of the skinned portion - any ideas or web pages you could point me to would be great!!! I am looking for more fashion - craft ideas then tying flies - although flies have not beean ruled out -i just don't know anything about tying flies

Back
Top Bottom