ideas for leg bands for chicks

I figured the loom bands (looked up the name. LOL) would be cheaper since i only need them for 2-4 days so that may work.
Never used those but as long as they are rubber and elastic enough to easily stretch over feet and return to small size like a rubber band they should work. Not sure how small of quantity you can get them in or sizes.

Ya I would think they would work but they say nothing about size/diameter. Need correct size to stay on leg without being too tight or loose. I believe they have the diameters on chicken hill bands you could cross reference them to diameter of loom bands if they are in different sizes to get correct diameter.

Some hatcheries will mark chicks for you if you ask them to. That may be for breeds that look alike or for people splitting orders. They use a spot of food coloring on the down, usually on the head. Use a contrasting color to down color. That will last until they feather out.

To me this is a lot simpler than using any kind of bands for something like you are doing.

Some hatcheries will mark chicks for you if you ask them to. That may be for breeds that look alike or for people splitting orders. They use a spot of food coloring on the down, usually on the head. Use a contrasting color to down color. That will last until they feather out.

To me this is a lot simpler than using any kind of bands for something like you are doing.
I could maybe do the food coloring, but I am getting them from a local feed store and not a hatchery.

Back
Top Bottom