Ideas on a self-sustainable flock?

Pics
Thanks Mrs. K.

@KDOGG331 Those meat birds look awesome. Did you get any feedback in a PM? I like the sound of the Black ranger, but I bet I cant have them shipped north of the border.
:-(

Can anyone explain this to me?

" This bird’s black colour tends to absorb light, so we recommend brighter or more intense lighting for top egg production."

Why would the colour of feathers on a bird have anything to do with it? I thought all birds benefit from extra light in the winter, not just black birds.(?)

Can anyone explain this to me?

" This bird’s black colour tends to absorb light, so we recommend brighter or more intense lighting for top egg production."

Why would the colour of feathers on a bird have anything to do with it? I thought all birds benefit from extra light in the winter, not just black birds.(?)
Can you link where you read that?

Thanks Mrs. K.

@KDOGG331 Those meat birds look awesome. Did you get any feedback in a PM? I like the sound of the Black ranger, but I bet I cant have them shipped north of the border.
:-(

They definitely do! If I ever get meat birds I think I'll get a combination of the red/rainbow rangers, black rangers, and gray rangers/kosher kings. Maybe throw in a couple CX. And sadly I did not, no. :( maybe someone else will see this. And aww that stinks! There might be a way if you contact them and ask :)

Thanks.
Light might penetrate better on lighter colored birds.
The light that affects laying is absorbed thru the front of skull to trigger the pineal gland...so kinda makes sense.
Ah- ha- I thought it would reach the peneal gland thru the eyes! LOL

Back
Top Bottom