Identification needed, please

I'm thinking barred rock. I work at tsc. The sapphires are a premium bird so they wouldn't be mixed up with other breeds. And they have the cute muffy cheeks. Australorps have lots of white as chicks. And I think I can see some of the barred pattern starting on the wing feathers.

I'm thinking barred rock. I work at tsc. The sapphires are a premium bird so they wouldn't be mixed up with other breeds. And they have the cute muffy cheeks. Australorps have lots of white as chicks. And I think I can see some of the barred pattern starting on the wing feathers.
BRs are barred, so their chick down includes a head spot. SGs are not bearded nor do they have muffs.

TSC is known to mix up breeds (I have had that happen and have also gotten lots of gender mix ups). Gender mix ups even in autosexing breeds, actually.

I work at tsc. The sapphires are a premium bird so they wouldn't be mixed up with other breeds. And they have the cute muffy cheeks.

I was thinking of the "Sapphire Gems" that are like a Black Sexlink but in blue: blue feathers, brown eggs, single comb, no muffs on the cheeks.

I think there is some other kind of "Sapphire" that lays blue or green eggs and does have the muffs on the cheeks-- but OP's chicks have normal cheeks, so I agree they cannot be that kind of Sapphire. (Maybe it's a "Sapphire Olive Egger"? I have trouble keeping up with all the names for the new crosses!)

I'm thinking barred rock.
I don't think so, because Barred Rocks grow feathers with white "bars" on them, and OP's chicks already have enough wing feathers to show that they do not have the white bars.

I'm the only person that works at my store that owns chickens so trust me I know all about them messing things up. Someone labeled marans as Australorps the other day....anywho these girls are too dark to be sapphire gems. The one on the right looks like she has a light spot on the top of her head. And I see light feathers on the one to the left .That's why I was thinking br. I could be wrong. Black sex link makes sense

Wow! You have all been so helpful! I will post new pics in a week and see if that helps. I am almost certain that my two yellow ones are leghorns. I can’t have a rooster where I live, nor do I want one, so I hope the sexing was right and they are all hens.

Back
Top Bottom