Identification of cross breed Muscovy

CarolynEarley

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 16, 2012
This year we had a muscovy drake and a mallard drake and lots of ducklings from our muscovy ducks. It has been easy to identify some of the youngsters that are cross breed, but there are some I am not sure about. We have some white ones, are these defiintely true muscovy ducks? They have none of the patterning from the mallard. This coming year we will only have the muscovy male but we wanted to keep a few more young females and one more male, but only if they will be fertile. I thought that if the white ones were defintely true muscovy then I would keep those.

This year we had a muscovy drake and a mallard drake and lots of ducklings from our muscovy ducks. It has been easy to identify some of the youngsters that are cross breed, but there are some I am not sure about. We have some white ones, are these defiintely true muscovy ducks? They have none of the patterning from the mallard. This coming year we will only have the muscovy male but we wanted to keep a few more young females and one more male, but only if they will be fertile. I thought that if the white ones were defintely true muscovy then I would keep those.
@CarolynEarley Welcome to BYC

I had pure white Muscovy's in the past [they have all died of old age now] but your pure white have beautiful blue eyes. Can you post some pics that would help us tell you for sure if they are Muscovy.

Thanks. What about the one in the first photo. A male I think and a bit younger. Is he a true muscovy?

Thanks. What about the one in the first photo. A male I think and a bit younger. Is he a true muscovy?
Hard to say looks very similar to the last one. does it's legs sit close under it's body or are they farther apart? females almost look like they are going to walk on their own feet their legs sit closer under them than drakes. @CarolynEarley

Last edited:
Hello, dark bird was sold to me as a muscovy I got when he was Lil duckling, what breed is he please help Thanks help

Back
Top Bottom