Identification Please!

I bought fea at a local pet store. And from slight previous knowledge i knew they need a companion but the girlfriend wouldnt allow it... Soo. we spend every minute with it we can. and thats whats throwing me off his the way she walks/runs. The chest is high neck extended and she runs foot over foot.. No waddle what so ever but mayber shes still young and thats why..

I research every animal i ever attempt im a salt water aquarium junkie. So due to that i try to learn everything i can about any animal i attempt to keep. So i was convinced i had a pekin. BUT, i then recieved a message from a friend of mine, who i bought Fea from, claiming that the person who brought Fea into his pet store says it is a indian runner and 2 months old.... Do you feel that this information is accurate?
This is my pekin at two months old... Feathered out and huge!

Last edited:
When he told me it was 2 months old i was like..... I dont think thats accurate.. So thank you for confirming that it is not 2 months old. Maybe more like 3 or 4 weeks?

Did all of the ducklings at the pet store look alike? I find it odd that they said runner if they didn't know. Most stores will say "oh yes we have ducklings". Then you ask what breed and they say "We have yellow ones, black ones and brown and yellow ones." LOL

It will become very obvious in a few weeks. Runners only get to about 4-5 lbs. Pekin 8-10lbs.

The only 2 left were Fea and an all black one that was the sibling. which is the one i wanted.. But i called him and asked him what kind of duck was it he sold me and he said he didnt know hed get back to me because the breeder was coming back in with more. the next day he messaged me and said indian runner.. just to clarify lol. but now im split between what i believe it is. which brings us to where we are now.. getting expert advise

And yes shes gonna be mostly indoors but we are outdoor people so she will be outside also.. But as far as where will she sleep due to predators and what not she will be inside.

I didn't even see that you'd asked about age. Its only 2-3 weeks max. So, I don't know that I'd believe anything they told you. Regardless, read up on care especially on indoor duck threads.

Back
Top Bottom