identify the breed and match to egg... PLEASE

Pemberton85

Chirping
Nov 5, 2021
North Central Oklahoma
So, my ladies are laying!!! I've done so much reading and research trying to figure out who is laying what egg, I think I've driven myself into more confusion than I was before.... now I'm not even sure what breed I have.

So we will start with Phoebe, I know that she is a Buff Orpington. She is the only one I have. At first I thought the pinkish colored ones were hers, then thought maybe the smaller cream colored... honestly, I looked at so many articles and posts that they all started looking the same color

I have 4 red hens. I know that one of my red hens laid the eggs I have labeled "RIR", but now I'm questioning if they are all RIR's?? Or if any of them are RIR's? After a lot of research, I concluded that 2 of them were NH Reds due to their smaller, triangular build.... but after a little bit more reading, I wonder if they could be ISA Red?? HELP PLEASE? My 2 that i think are RIR will never let me get a good pic, so all of you really get of them is their butt in the air... sorry about that

My 2 black hens, one has feathers on her feet the other does not. I know FOR A FACT that the one without feathers laid the pretty speckled dark brown ones. I've been told that she is an Australorp, but all the reading and the egg color tell me that she's a black copper maran.... nobody could tell me what the feather footed one was.... but I'm pretty sure she is a french maran.

Then I have the 2 golden laced wyandottes, and basically all I need to know about them is if any of the eggs are theirs or not.

So the numbered eggs are all the same color as the cream.... only like half the size.....

One more thing, I do have a bantam hen, I've contemplated if the smaller ones could be hers, but I think they are too big....

Any and all help would be appreciated..... I've researched myself stupid.

Attachments

• 2a404c74972d891c807e9e6a17568752_collage_450.jpg
    2a404c74972d891c807e9e6a17568752_collage_450.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 28
  • Egg basket.jpg
    Egg basket.jpg
    498 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0051.JPG
    IMG_0051.JPG
    774.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0052.JPG
    IMG_0052.JPG
    605.6 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    790.6 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0266.PNG
    IMG_0266.PNG
    6 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_E0064.JPG
    IMG_E0064.JPG
    447 KB · Views: 15
Your pics are not the greatest for ID. Most of these birds would lay around the same color eggs.

The one with feathers on the feet may be a French Black Copper Marans. The darkest eggs would be hers.

Your Reds all appear to be Production Reds.

I can't see the bantam well enough to say anything about it other than it looks like a cockerel.

Your pics are not the greatest for ID. Most of these birds would lay around the same color eggs.

The one with feathers on the feet may be a French Black Copper Marans. The darkest eggs would be hers.

Your Reds all appear to be Production Reds.

I can't see the bantam well enough to say anything about it other than it looks like a cockerel.
No, I personally witnessed the one without the feathers lay the dark brown ones. The bantam you are seeing is my roo..... I didn't post the picture of the bantam hen because I really don't think any are hers. I'm 99.9% sure that the bigger 2 of my reds are RIR which is why I wasn't too concerned about good pictures of them, I'm more so trying to figure out the 2 that have a smaller build.

Individual pics of the birds you're wanting ID'd would help.

The "smaller" reds are likely Production Reds. Look at the soles of feather footed hen's feet. If they are pink-ish, she is also a Marans. The one that laid the dark eggs is likely a Marans as well.

Definitely no bantam eggs there. All those came from your big girls.

Individual pics of the birds you're wanting ID'd would help.

The "smaller" reds are likely Production Reds. Look at the soles of feather footed hen's feet. If they are pink-ish, she is also a Marans. The one that laid the dark eggs is likely a Marans as well.

Definitely no bantam eggs there. All those came from your big girls.
Black hens: on the left is the one with feathers on her foot, on the right is the one without. I had the broad picture to show the comparison of how much bigger my others were compared to this one, but here is the close up of her.

Attachments

• 2a404c74972d891c807e9e6a17568752_collage_450.jpg
    2a404c74972d891c807e9e6a17568752_collage_450.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0267 (2).PNG
    IMG_0267 (2).PNG
    422.7 KB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom