Idk

I saw that, finally, good for you!
But now it sounds like you're thinkng of getting another one?
I didn’t really want to give away the roosters :( I really loved them A LOT. and yeah I got 2 more hens which doesn’t seem to like me and they don’t really like me to cuddle with them as much.

Your roosters were used to it since you cuddled them all the time. Your new hens have probably not been handled their whole lives, so have no idea that you’re not a predator trying to eat them. They are more likely to come close to you if you are patient and don’t chase them.
If you want a pet to cuddle with right away, maybe a dog or cat would be a better pet for you.

Your roosters were used to it since you cuddled them all the time. Your new hens have probably not been handled their whole lives, so have no idea that you’re not a predator trying to eat them. They are more likely to come close to you if you are patient and don’t chase them.
If you want a pet to cuddle with right away, maybe a dog or cat would be a better pet for you.
Yeah I see, the person who gave them to me said the previous owner always cuddles it and they said the hens like to cuddle

as i said on your other post, the new girls just need some time to get used to you. your roosters liked to cuddle with you because they were used to you and i’m assuming that you raised them- but these hens are probably used to other people picking them up and being around them, it won’t be instant- right now they see you as a stranger, they need time in order to trust you and learn that they won’t hurt you

Hi sorry guys about the other post.. I was just trying to find a solution without giving away a rooster that works for me.

but anyways...

Does anyone know if white rock roosters are aggressive? Just interested
I had a barred rock rooster more aggressive than any other rooster. He immediately went after you, and was very dangerous even before his spurs came in. Going to the chicken run was not fun unless you brought a snow shovel with you, to push him out of your way. I ended up giving him away to someone who put him in the table. For white rocks, things can be different. Your situation will be very different however you raise the roosters. Some are very aggressive and some are not. But for me, Rocks are aggressive and I don’t like them.

as i said on your other post, the new girls just need some time to get used to you. your roosters liked to cuddle with you because they were used to you and i’m assuming that you raised them- but these hens are probably used to other people picking them up and being around them, it won’t be instant- right now they see you as a stranger, they need time in order to trust you and learn that they won’t hurt you
How long?

Back
Top Bottom