Marshmallow1234

In the Brooder
Oct 25, 2020
Hi sorry guys about the other post.. I was just trying to find a solution without giving away a rooster that works for me.

but anyways...

Does anyone know if white rock roosters are aggressive? Just interested

CluckerFamily

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Feb 14, 2016
Wisconsin
Why would you be giving away the rooster if it worked for you?
Are you allowed to have roosters in your area?
If roosters aren't allowed, no rooster will be allowed. The reason roosters aren't allowed is because of the 24/7/365 crowing and there is no way to stop crowing when that is what a rooster does.

Chickenman MAN

Chirping
Oct 25, 2020
United Kingdom South Devon
Hi sorry guys about the other post.. I was just trying to find a solution without giving away a rooster that works for me.

but anyways...

Does anyone know if white rock roosters are aggressive? Just interested
Different breeds have been bred differently. So some breeds are more aggressive than others. However, I wouldn't always say that is the deciding factor. A rooster probably just thinks he is protecting his hens from you.

CluckerFamily

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Feb 14, 2016
Wisconsin
A rooster's job is to protect.
Aggressive roosters aren't allowed in my yard (my decision), they always end up in the pot.
Are you interesting in getting a white rock rooster? Or just researching breeds?

Ridgerunner

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
Feb 2, 2009
Southeast Louisiana
If you read enough posts on here you will see that White Rocks, Silkies, Orpington, Australorp, Cochin, or any other breed of roosters might be human aggressive or they might not. They may be great with the hens or they maty be brutes. Some may get along with other males of their breed or any other breed, some may not.

I suggest you don't bet very much on the breed of any rooster giving you any guarantees of behaviors.

I don't know what's going on but a White Rock boy may work out fine or it may be a disaster, just like any other rooster of any other breed or any mixed breed rooster.

Top Bottom