If a goose doesn’t want to be picked up much does that mean it is not imprinted?

What happens when the males mature? I’m not answering the question, my apologies, but I’d be concerned that the males would be too aggressive once they are adults.
Geese become hormonal starting late winter through the spring. They can be aggressive to what they perceive as a rival and are more reactive than usual.

If they are well socialized with their humans it isn’t an issue. Geese see anyone who spends time with them daily as family, anyone that they know but who doesn’t spend as much time with them can be seen as a rival, strangers are potential threats that they may fear.
Even the most friendly gander can be naughty in breeding season though. They really can’t control their horomones so they can get carried away and end up attacking random objects like buckets sometimes, or you if you’re carrying. whatever it is because they think they’re attacking it not you.
If you have an attacking gander it isn’t a big deal if you know how to react. You pick them up!
It sounds insane but it snaps them out of their “rage delirium,” it sometimes helps to carry them a little distance before you set them back down.

It’s just as important to socialize the females because even with the friendliest gander, if you have a goose that doesn’t like you and she starts up the alarm cackle you could have issues with the gander. The girls start that alarm cackle and the ganders lose their minds.

Back
Top Bottom