If I breed silver laced roo to a blue can I get blue laced?

no, you will get black and blue colored birds...

you see All blue or all Black Birds have Extended Black(E) which is Dominant over eb(laced birds background) so your birds will be E/eb and will moslikey be all black with some color leaking
Ok, so if I go the route of breeding silver laced to blue then I would end up with mostly solid birds. If I bred the F1 blue birds to silver laced would some of those offspring be laced at least to some extecnt?

If I go the route of silver laced x BLRWs I would have to work on breeding the red out correct? I believe that's the
mahogany gene?
It does seem like either way it will take a lot of breeding. A challenge for sure, especially since I'm only scratching the surface of understanding poultry genetics. All I can do is try.

Thanks for all the info!

Another option, if I can find a nice silver laced roo to breed to my friend's blue laced. will some of the offspring by blue laced others silver? I talked with her last night and we may try that option to see what we get. My goal is to get a blue bird with the lighter silver lacing instead of the charcoal color. Although that is pretty too.

Back
Top Bottom