If I don't have real rouens what do I have?

I've heard similar sentiments regarding "African Geese"-- Poultry Elitists. *sigh*.
My eyes haven't rolled so much since my days listening to the "leet dudes" in World of Warcraft and their magic purple suits of self esteem.

If some do not call them rouens what do they call them? I see nothing wrong with poultry elitists, if it's what truly inspires them then they should... Well if they make a career out of it then good for them.
tongue.png
But I think a rouen is still a rouen as long as it breeds true.
If a rouen drake and hen have ducklings and one of the ducklings doesn't look like a rouen then someone isn't honest about their ancestry
old.gif

i kind of disagree with the whole trying to make massive birds thing. i really thing its not nice to the poor birds because there too fat for their feet, suffer early on from arthritis and die younger. i dont know its there problem but im just not into it much

Yes, I agree. The welfare and health implications should be taken into account.

Here is a pic of my rouen and cayuga. You can see what we are talking about very well between these two. The rouen has a deep keel, and the cayuga does not. The cayuga has the breast most people recognize on a duck. The rouen has what looks like a flap of skin hanging there almost brushing the ground, but it is covering a very prominent breastbone.

I was wondering about a keel too. Looks kind of like a keel on a boat - makes sense. I have two show quality runners that I don't show. They are very upright. They are not as friendly as my hatchery runners, but I got them when they were one year old. I guess it all depends what you have your ducks for, pets, show, etc.

Back
Top Bottom