If I don't have real rouens what do I have?

Moochie

Songster
9 Years
Nov 8, 2010
North Edwards
A poster said on a thread that if a rouen doesn't have a keel then it's not a real rouen but a "backyard" rouen, which isn't the real breed. Mine don't have keels. So they're backyard rouens. Which aren't the real thing.
. . . . .
Then are they mallardy colored pekins?

I think a rouen is a rouen is a rouen if you get what I am saying lol.....however there is the exhibition rouen and the hatchery stock rouen....you probably just have hatchery stock as there is no such thing a mallard colored pekin

I think a rouen is a rouen is a rouen if you get what I am saying lol.....however there is the exhibition rouen and the hatchery stock rouen....you probably just have hatchery stock as there is no such thing a mallard colored pekin

That's what I was thinking. I got them from a person who got them from a hatchery. I was just making sure because the poster sounded funny. "They're not really rouens unless they have a keel" well, I'm not into showing and I think my rouens are pretty real.

They look fat! Lol! :D
I like the way my utility ducks look too... I think they look prettier. That keel, does that get dirty? It just looks weird.

I'd imagine it gets dirty....you should google show quality muscovy and check out some of those guys.....some people take breeding to a stupid level lol....take dogs for instance....look at what people did to the English Bulldog...90% of them can't breed or give birth naturally....and the German Shepard....good lord those dogs are crippled in the rear end! But if you look at the "utility" aka working lines of the German Shepards you will see its a better put together dog whom is still able to do what it was bred to do! Sorry got kind of off topic lol Just trying to prove a point

Gee, that doesn't sound good for dogs... :\
The poster said that he or she only knows of two people in CA with "real" rouens. I have real rouens too! Mine just aren't ugly!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom