If I Only Had a Brain...

TexasTurkeyMama

Songster
5 Years
Sep 6, 2018
We have been watching for predators for two weeks now. We repositioned the game camera in hopes of visual evidence after checking its memory for any pictures. No pics, so a fresh load of batteries and reprogram the clock before returning the camera to its post.

The cam has been deployed for 3 days now. No more losses because we changed the flocks' range schedule. I looked down at my laptop yesterday and spied an unusual sight--an SDRAM card in the slot. My camera has been in the field with no memory.

I have changed its nickname to the Scarecrow. Back to predator watch.

We have been watching for predators for two weeks now. We repositioned the game camera in hopes of visual evidence after checking its memory for any pictures. No pics, so a fresh load of batteries and reprogram the clock before returning the camera to its post.

The cam has been deployed for 3 days now. No more losses because we changed the flocks' range schedule. I looked down at my laptop yesterday and spied an unusual sight--an SDRAM card in the slot. My camera has been in the field with no memory.

I have changed its nickname to the Scarecrow. Back to predator watch.

If it makes you feel better... I‘ve locked myself in my chicken coop about 3 times in the past year. I’ve had chickens for 22 years, I think i’m losing my marbles!! And I installed another motion activated light- with the sensor facing the tree and did not realize until 2 months later. Woof.

Not to worry we have all made plenty of mistakes. I have done the same thing. I have several cameras around on my property and sometimes forget to turn one on. Every moring I go out and switch out the cards and turn the cameras off. In the evenings when I go out to collect the eggs I turn the cameras on. Here most of the predators roam at night especially during the summer months when it's hot out during the day. I have some mounted on posts that I can move around. I have forgotten before where I have put a camera.Usually when I'm in bed I remember where I put it but then too lazy to go out and turn it on. Good luck and have fun...

Locked in the coop...yes, that's me, too. I left a paper plate folded up and stashed so I can pick the latch from the inside and let myself out.

But now that we are back on predator watch, and every office is now in the home

the dear husband is coming out from the "office" to tell me to look out at the beautiful bird.

"That's no bird, that's a hawk!" And I jump up and run out to the fence, hollering and waving arms. I think that helps.

Back
Top Bottom