Sudden Neurological(?) Issues in Duck

Do you guys think I should keep giving charcoal? I tried both the Epsom salt flush and the molasses flush.

Also, is it safe to give baytril as a preventative while giving electrolytes and flushes? I noticed a bit of gurgling yesterday, it seems to be gone now but I don't want him to have to deal with a lung issue or something too.

It sounds like you have done enough flushes. If you are tube feeding food, electrolytes shouldn’t be necessary.
So do you think I should just keep tubing food and liquids and see what happens?

I gave more vitamin E today but it doesn't seem to be doing anything for his neck.

Vitamin E can help neurological problems, but it may take awhile. A lot depends on what has caused this. You may need to keep tubing him if he refuses to eat on his own. I don’t know much about their digestive system, so others would know more.

Here are some pics from today. I have him outside in a playpen since it's pretty warm out and he seems much happier. Every time I walk up on him I think he's dead. 😬
IMG_20230724_115241867.jpg
IMG_20230724_115248132.jpg
IMG_20230724_115216724.jpg
IMG_20230724_115223472.jpg

Back
Top Bottom