If they figure this out, I'm in trouble

JennsPeeps

Rhymes with 'henn'
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
South Puget Sound
Our house has a back porch that used to be open to the outside. At some point it was enclosed and made into a laundry room. There is a door to the outside and one from the laundry room to the kitchen. That second door has a kitty door in it. A lot of the time I'll leave the outside door open and the inside one closed to allow the cats to get outside.

Today it was nice weather. I was in the kitchen and heard a cat start to wiggle the cat door.

Except it kept going & going & going.

I looked over and saw all 4 of our chickens at the cat door, wiggling it intently. If they can figure out how to use the cat door, the poop situation will not be amusing!!

(But I'd for sure post a video!)

Oh yeah, big trouble for you! I've gotten to where I have to hussle to make it in the back door before they do. They've figured out that behind that door lies the treats.

One of my crew DID learn how to use the cat door - this was when she'd try to run from the rooster's advances, before she learned to just deal with it. W'ed often come home to find a trail of poop leading to her. She hasn't done it in a few months now, so I'm hoping she's forgotten how...
tongue.png

One of my brother's co-workers did come home one day from work to chickens in the kitchen, peering around. Cat door. I'm sure one figured it out and the rest followed. I think the chickens had a ton of fun, but I'm not so sure about their "dad".

Quote:
It would only be funny in the kitchen where the floor is linoleum. The rest of the house is hardwoods covered in sisal rugs.

Sisal + chicken poo?? GROSS

LOL Just make sure a hen dont end up in your sink. That happened to me, that hen that always follows me around (named her Ruth) ended up somehow gettin in my house and nestin in my kitchen sink and even laid me an egg! That hen's lost it...

Back
Top Bottom