Pine nuggets as nesting box material

Laylahege

Songster
Mar 31, 2022
Georgia
I use pine nuggets instead of kitty litter for my cat's litter box. A few of my girls have been sneaking in my back door when I leave it open and laying in the litter box! Well, it's almost always clean, because our cat chooses to go outside most of the time, however still gross.
So I put some of the nuggets in a nesting box. All the girls want to use that one now.
Has anyone ever used it as a nest bedding before? It's great now, but they break apart when wet. What do ya'll think?

Attachments

• 20231115_164109.jpg
    20231115_164109.jpg
    693 KB · Views: 28
  • 20231115_164142.jpg
    20231115_164142.jpg
    502.3 KB · Views: 5
I use pine nuggets instead of kitty litter for my cat's litter box. A few of my girls have been sneaking in my back door when I leave it open and laying in the litter box! Well, it's almost always clean, because our cat chooses to go outside most of the time, however still gross.
So I put some of the nuggets in a nesting box. All the girls want to use that one now.
Has anyone ever used it as a nest bedding before? It's great now, but they break apart when wet. What do ya'll think?
Curious how this is going after almost a month. I use the same litter for our cat. It would be awesome to have dual purposes for it.

Curious how this is going after almost a month. I use the same litter for our cat. It would be awesome to have dual purposes for it.
They all laid on it for about a week then went back to the hay nesting boxes. I'm sure if I used the nuggets in all the boxes they would still use them, but I guess the newness wore off for them.🤣 the few that had been sneaking in and laying in the cat box have stopped though. It is so much cleaner, less dusty. I'll probably switch the hay out eventually.

What brand of pine nuggets do you use for the kitty litter? I am thinking about Frey's Four Corners pine mini-nuggets. Do you think that's good or is there something better? Hope to hear from you.

Back
Top Bottom