1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

If you are a bug and land in the brooder...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by brennant, Sep 16, 2009.

1. brennant

brennant Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Tacoma WA
    ... you are now a chick treat. [​IMG]

30 seconds of chick pandemonium. One of my BOs got it and was running in circles at 200mph.

2. damarisgw

damarisgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2009
    Lol I bet all the other ones started chasing him/her

3. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Quote:Sounds like you have a little running back there on your chicken football team! [​IMG]

I once had a fly land in one of my brooders, those poor chicks were scared to death of it! [​IMG]

4. txchickie

txchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    [​IMG] I've had a cricket living in my brooder with 3 japanese bantam chicks for nearly 24 hours now and they are scared to death of it [​IMG]

It's entertaining, I think I'll leave it in there for another day or so [​IMG]

5. Soccer Mom

Soccer Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    West of Crazy
    [​IMG] We call that "chicken rugby" at my house!

6. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

I used to give mine live worms. They would each grab a worm and spend the next 5 minutes running around with it, eventually they got around to eating it - but I think the running around part was almost as good as the eats. [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2009
  7. roosters16

roosters16 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 29, 2009
    Sacramento
    i would always place worms an my chickies backs and him/her would be like what? and the rest would be tryna get it and he/she would be running in circles not knowing what the hell was going on [​IMG]

8. brennant

brennant Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2009
    Tacoma WA
    Make no mistake. That bug was food. It had about 1 second to make an escape. ...for being a week old, these girls mean serious business.

First day I had them (and they were a little over a day old) a fly made a pass at the brooder, and ALL of them stopped to watch. One BO made a jump at the fly! Very funny.

Can't wait to get them outside for some play time. [​IMG]

9. Kriquet

Kriquet Out Of The Brooder

Jun 27, 2009
    Kansas City
    See - I told you! Velociraptors!! [​IMG]

10. ZepChick

ZepChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    coos bay OR
    Our Fayoumi would allow us to carry her in our arms, and she would snatch flies out of mid-air. It worked quite well when we unfortunately were out of town for weeks, and returned to find a fly problem in our house. I was disgusted, but Ray took care of it swiftly and easily....it was the coolest thing (normally they don't come in the house though)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by