If you bought pullets that turned out to be sick...

hmlongino

Songster
13 Years
Jun 12, 2009
Fayetteville, GA
Would you call the guy back and tell him?

I bought 5 black copper maran pullets... maybe 2 weeks ago. They are separated from my flock. Three have one eye swollen shut at this point, one of which has died. What would you do as far as contacting the person? Anything?

I suspect Coryza.

Last edited:
Yes- I would contact him and explain what's going on as nicely as I possibly could. He may give you a refund, or replace your dead pullets. Though I'm not sure I would want any replacement birds from someone who already sold me sick chickens. Good luck!

Quote:
If you smell a bad odor about their heads, then it's possibly coryza. Otherwise it's most likely another type of serious CRD. But it doesnt matter, I'm glad you kept them seperated from your flock. I would contact the individual and politely inform him what happened. Explain to him that you have to cull the remaining birds for fear of infecting your flock. If he offers you a refund, take it. Dont get anymore birds from him. Good luck.

I see you are from Fayetteville - NC, i presume. You wouldn't have happened to get these birds up around the Siler City/Bear Creek area did you?

Back
Top Bottom