If you buy egg cartons, who has the best price?

Quote:
Very carefully and with lots of soap and water. We talked about getting chickens for years and I wrestled with the idea for a long time, but I don't want my kids to miss out on a great experience because of me. I am about a middle of the road phobic. I don't break out in a sweat or get panic attacks like some do but I get very anxious and dwell on things and as a result, get headaches and some chest and stomach pain (from tension). My dr agreed that it might be a very good experience for me to do this as desensitization therapy type things seem to work well. I don't think I'll ever do anything as rash as other chicken owners do but I am the one responsible for changing and cleaning the water, feeding (as long as the feed bag isn't all the way full-I can't lift it then), and when we had sand I was the one scooping every few days. I don't pick up our chickens or pet them or anything but I'll go in the pen with them and they brush up against my legs and I don't freak out. Much. Up until now I've also always bought pasteurized shell eggs so using the eggs will be an experience (I have used some of them already).

The funny thing is that about 20 yrs ago (well before my anxiety set in and before I was with my current SO) I raised layers and broilers. I don't remember being particularly careful about washing and such back then. I also had muscovy and pekin ducks and goats. I don't know when the phobia and anxiety happened but I wish it never did.

This past summer I bought a lot of egg cartons from eggcartons.com. They had some special deals on the clear plastic cartons I wanted plus free shipping. I like the clear plastic cartons because my pretty multi-colored eggs can be seen through them, and because I can sanitize them and reuse. I sanitize by rinsing with a mild water/chlorox solution. Works great. The cartons ended up being less than a dime each.

By the way, I feel the same way about putting eggs into used cartons. I know lots of people do - but I don't. We each have to do what we feel comfortable with. Sorry that everyone hasn't been kind about your request. Good luck!

Quote:
I bought 2000 egg cartons from here as they had a special and free shipping but that was a while ago.

I really like the camping egg carton which are plastic and then can be washed for my own use. For giving or selling I have asked relatives for their used egg cartons.

The camping carton can be found at Walmart for about $3. Or at fleet farm or any camping store.

Quote:
That sounds like it would be great for our own use. I wonder if it can go in the dishwasher.

I have put them into the dishwasher. I think they work Great and I have been known to loan them to those I know will give them back (my mom or sister in law, and then just pop them into the dishwasher). I won't give them out to other people as I don't think I will get them back. They also won't hold the duck eggs but for chicken eggs they are perfect!

hide.gif
biscuit cartons! I make my dh open them, cause i jump like ten feet!
I get some cartons from people..the ones i get i use clorx wipes on to clean. I need to buy more. Thanks for all the links.

Hey! Yeah I've been looking into egg carton prices...I have to buy new ones in order to sell at our local farmers market. Eggcartonsonline.com seems to be the best way so far...$0.34 each for 125 blank paper pulp cartons or $0.23 each for 100 blank foam cartons. Free shipping. Misprinted ones are cheaper. I have to get the blank ones and put on my own label.

If you don't need 100+ cartons, then try a chain feed store like Tractor Supply or Atwoods. The Atwoods in our town sold paper cartons for $0.34 each, and I didn't have to wait for them to be shipped!

Back
Top Bottom