If you could have ANY kind of livestock....

MagsC

Queen Of Clueless
11 Years
Jul 27, 2008
Minnesota
What would you choose?
For me, chickens, poultry of all kinds (of course!), English Lop and mini rex rabbits, Saanen goats, Nigerian Dwarf goats and Scottish Highland Cattle.

I would love to have chickens (Buff Orpingtons), Goats (Pygmy and or Pygora), and Ducks (Muscovy).
smile.png

More and better quality BLRW's, a few more GLW's, planning on hatching more RIR's this Spring (again), am planning on hatching more green egg layers this Spring, Icelandic and Shetland Sheep, Icelandic Horses (again)...already have 8 cats, 8 dogs, 6 geese, 5 ducks, productive and reproductive Buff Orps, and plan to get a female Long Haired weimaraner in the future for my male, in the meantime, he's got the short haired weims for company. And if I was rich LOL, I'd add Scottish Highland Cattle, too;)

I want a complete heritage working farm, sooooo..........

Plow / Saddle Mule for the garden and Riding
Draft Horses or Oxen Team for heavy work
Chickens , Turkeys, Ducks of course for eggs and meat
Pigs for meat and to sell
Milk Cow or Goat
Cattle for beef and to sell

That would about do it for me I think. I'm well on my way to a good start now.
I have a Mule named Kate that we just bought who plows, drives and rides. I have a beef type calf named Lucy to start my herd. I have 10 chickens in the free range flock and I have a sow named Miss Piggy
big_smile.png

Reindeer!! Antlers, hides, extremely warm fur, milk (universally digestible like goat milk), meat AND you can ride and drive them!

Horses, chickens, goats and a beef steer or two

Back
Top Bottom