If you could have ANY kind of livestock....

okay... I got it... I would have me one of those plug and play horses off AVATAR... maybe even the little flying dragon... do they count as livestock!!!!!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
woot.gif
wee.gif
ep.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

LOL, well, technically, IF they existed and IF you could get one, I guess it would count as livestock....
smile.png
idunno.gif

If I had the money to buy my dream farm I would have...
- Chickens (Various Breeds)
- Turkeys (Standard Bronze)
- Phesants
- Goats
- 12 Holstien Cows and 2 bulls
- 12 Angus Cows and 2 bulls
- 10 horses (4 Coldbloods, 4 Hotbloods, 2 Warmbloods)
And a Pit Bull rescue center

If I won the lottery so I could buy more land with a really nice barn, I'd love to have a miniature ranch - tiny horses, tiny cow, tiny pigs, and anything else I could find that's tiny!
Of course, I'd have to have a GP (like I do now). I love those huge dogs!
smile.png

The Dream Farm (of the moment anyways)

Delawares as DP Birds and some Amer. for color in the basket
Turkeys for meat
Ducks & Geese for DP
Perhaps some Guineas for Entertainment Value, Tick Disposal and Alarm

Raise 1 cow/year for meat, keep one for dairy and/or 2 Goats for dairy

Raise 2-3 pigs/year for meat, maybe keep one (pair) for breeding own

Think if I was going in stages I would start with Chickens/Turks, move into dairy, then add the water fowl, then the meat mammals, but who knows.

Now... to crack the lotto code *starts dancing and chanting*

edit... daughter would love horses, loves bunnies too but donno if she'd be willing to eat one... but it's a consideration

Last edited:
My long term plan is as follows: 5 breeding flocks of chickens in movable coops LF Wellsummers, LF Ameraucana (either BBS or Buff), LF Faverolles, LF BLRW, and Bantam Faverolles. Then BB turkeyes, Embden Geese, and apple yard ducks. Then I would have several Percheron but working bloodlines not hitch. I would have 10 + Milking Devons and 2 bulls. Then I would have 10+ Jersey Cows and 2 Bulls. I would use them for cheese making and they would be kept on pasture. I would then have 10+ toggenburg does and 2 bucks. I would also use them for cheese. Then Tamworth pigs 3 sows and a boar they would be kept on pasture to clear roots and such. Then I would also have a flock of Katahind sheep for lamb. I would also keep a small angus and highland herd for beef.

That is if I could afford to keep farming as my full time job. I know I would never sleep but I like that and hope to be able to stay up all the time and be exausted from doing what I love.

Henry

If I could have whatever I wanted, I would have...
more chickens!!!
big_smile.png

Turkeys (a small flock for meat)
Ducks (a small flock for mostly meat and some eggs)
Goats (for milk and meat)
sheep (maybe...and only a few...for wool and meat)
Alpacas would be awesome (for their wool!!!!
big_smile.png
)
pigs (for meat)

....a big chest freezer since I will apparently have a TON of meat!
lol.png

I'm dreaming small for now
tongue.png

If I could I'd add:
*miniature Brown Swiss cattle (are they even out there yet?)
*A mini-donkey as a companion for my horse and to train to drive
*Nubian goat or two
*some Bantam hens

The goats may actually happen as I want to get my horse a companion this Spring & I don't think I'd have to redo my fencing for full-sized Nubians < top rail Flexx with 3 lines of coated tensile wire beneath.
Goat owners, am I right???
Hopefully the goats would get along with him & not just keep to themselves.
Wethers only need apply, no added milking chores for 2Dogs TYVM!

I always thought about Llamas too (if I didnt mention that already?) I thought it would be neat to have day backpacking and overnight trip with them. But I have heard you can do that with the larger goats too.
Oh well. Someday.
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom