If you could import...

I've seen video of some really outstanding Pomeranian geese in Norway. I'd love to bring home half a dozen of those.

I know a couple of people who have imported good birds and what they do is to go to a national level poultry show and buy birds there. That's how they locate quality birds to purchase.

I've seen video of some really outstanding Pomeranian geese in Norway. I'd love to bring home half a dozen of those.

I know a couple of people who have imported good birds and what they do is to go to a national level poultry show and buy birds there. That's how they locate quality birds to purchase.
Good point! If I were to do it I would probably try hatching eggs...I know they are risky but a LOT less expensive to bring in as you don't have to pay for quarantine...not sure if you could get hacthing eggs at a national show though, I assume not...

Good point! If I were to do it I would probably try hatching eggs...I know they are risky but a LOT less expensive to bring in as you don't have to pay for quarantine...not sure if you could get hacthing eggs at a national show though, I assume not...
But you could find breeders who have great stock at the show and have them send eggs after the show...

I would get some Satsumadori from Japan. I love the oriental gamefowl. The Satsumadori also have a long tail.
006satsuma-dori.jpg

Mark

But you could find breeders who have great stock at the show and have them send eggs after the show...
Very true, I was imagining carrying some back rather then having them shipped but I suppose if I were to take a week's trip with the show being at the beginning of the trip it would be doable.

I'd like to import a mutt. The Cotswold legbar is said to lay eggs with an unusually large yolk. I am a total yolk hog. Git me mo' yolks.

I would love some German Westphalian (Westfalisher Totleger) Chickens - love the fact that they are hardy and they lay alot of eggs and pretty, of course.

picture from wikipedia

Last edited:
I am really new to chickens and, yes, I think it was the croad langshan, with the purple eggs I heard about. Does anyone know if their is a directory of egg colors somewhere? I just love the variety and coolness of something you just don't see everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom