If you cross a normal breed with a EE...

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by lowcountrypoultry, Oct 13, 2008.

1. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Do you get an EE?

I Hatched alot of mut eggs over the weekend and alot look like baby EE's. But I know for sure none are pure EE, will the offspring stilll lay green eggs?

Thanks

2. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

[​IMG] only the girls.....

3. mastiffsinky

mastiffsinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 9, 2008
    Bremen, Ky
    Quote:sorry I can't stop laughing here

Katie

4. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    My understanding on EE's are none are pure. EE is a result of a mixed breed chicken either mixed with ameraucana or araucana and something else. I had 2 ameraucana hens and bred them, one i bred to a white cochin bantam and the other i bred to a golden laced wyandotte. Both turned out to be roos and gorgeous, the cochin mix had feathered feet and the golden laced mix came out looking just like his daddy only with the ameraucana beard.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  5. Chic-n-farmer

Chic-n-farmer Showers of Blessings

Seriously now, I believe the dominant gene will carry on with the colored eggs. That has been my experience.

6. lowcountrypoultry

lowcountrypoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks!

7. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I've had two of that cross, EE sire and Barred Rock mother. One lays pinky beige eggs with lavender speckles and her sister lays yellowy-beige. I'd still call those Easter Eggers, I suppose, though they didn't get muffs and beards, except one has a tiny bit of a beard, not noticable. Even Easter Eggers can lay brown eggs since they are a mixed breed anyway.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by