Pics
He’s never seen a naked neck before. He probably isn’t sure :gig
That’s why the older ones stare...:eek:
:lau
I have to say they’ve grown on me a lot more than I thought they would.

It’s really funny to open the door to the garage and see 5 naked necks crane up to look over the edge and see who it is:lol:
And when they sunbathe they look ridiculous :lau

Well I mean, they DO look like dinosaurs! :lau

And they seem really big! Didn't realize the breed was big.

They're probably like what the heck is this giant turkey dinosaur looking thing! :lau

But awww that's awesome! I bet that is hilarious though too

Yeah they are pretty big. This is my first time raising chicks myself.
I don’t really have anything to compare to.
My older birds were raised by my friends broody so they were 2 1/2 to 3 months old when they came to live with us.
My Silkie is so small compared to the NN!
NNs are kinda like EE in the sense that most American NNs are really mixed breeds because the NN standard of perfection only lists a few solid colors.
I’m okay with that though.
I like weird birds lol

I have Chocolate Orpingtons and they have proven to be very resilient, hot and cold hardy, not prolific but reliable layers. My favorite hen is my best layer. She is the first to start up and the last to stop. They are very loyal and can be friendly or slightly flighty.

I also raise pure Amerecaunas, he is my favorite rooster has he watches over all the ladies when they take their strolls to the neighboring field. He makes sure each one comes back safely. He doesn't tolerate bullying amongst the flock. And he chases mice/rodents out/away from the coop. My Amerecauna hen is my second best layer. She is my second to start and my second to last to end. They are also loyal and can be friendly when raised so.

Don't know it that helps....... Hope

Wh
I have Chocolate Orpingtons and they have proven to be very resilient, hot and cold hardy, not prolific but reliable layers. My favorite hen is my best layer. She is the first to start up and the last to stop. They are very loyal and can be friendly or slightly flighty.

I also raise pure Amerecaunas, he is my favorite rooster has he watches over all the ladies when they take their strolls to the neighboring field. He makes sure each one comes back safely. He doesn't tolerate bullying amongst the flock. And he chases mice/rodents out/away from the coop. My Amerecauna hen is my second best layer. She is my second to start and my second to last to end. They are also loyal and can be friendly when raised so.

Where did you get Chocolate
Orpingtons?
I’d love to get a couple of those. I’m just not into the buff color.

That definitely helps! It's very useful. Your birds sound great!

I assume they are heritage?

Would love to find birds like that

He’s never seen a naked neck before. He probably isn’t sure :gig
That’s why the older ones stare...:eek:
:lau
I have to say they’ve grown on me a lot more than I thought they would.

It’s really funny to open the door to the garage and see 5 naked necks crane up to look over the edge and see who it is:lol:
And when they sunbathe they look ridiculous :lau

Yes, they do look hysterical, lol. Your other chickens are probably think are these actually chickens.

Back
Top Bottom