if you have 2 roos, will they both crow?

If its at the same time, is it still a crow, or a duo?
lau.gif

Quote:
Maybe that's my problem! 4 roos have about 2500 sq ft in their run and they free range when we are home. If I make them stay closer then only one might crow. Where that ball and chain...
lau.gif

Honestly, my Faverolle roo only crows at night if light enters the coop (such as a flashlight or headlights) and my Buckeye roo only crows every once in a while. My two top roos argue (not really fight) over who is top roo and both crow....a lot. One is being threatened with a dinner invitation, so we may only have the JG roo crowing a majority of the time with the occasional chime in from the other two (though all do crow daily).

Should seen Thor when he was the sub. Always trying to sneak in a little loving when he thought Zeus was busy elsewhere.
Got busted at it all the time too and then he instantly became Lil' Mister Innocent.

I don't know- right now my 2 younger roos havent crowed yet, but I would think it would make them crow MORE. My rooster seems to have crowing wars with the rooster down the street. I hear them all the time going back and forth at each other. So i would think, the more roosters are crowing, the more the roosters will crow
barnie.gif

Quote:
Ah, but the rooster down the road isn't likely to get his butt kicked for crowing.
wink.png
The ones in close proximity to the alpha usually know better unless they are looking for a fight to take over the alpha position.

Back
Top Bottom