I'll Fly Away

Your story is so close to home for me as I lost my father in September of 2006 to cancer. We played the song "When I Get Where I'm Goin'" by Brad Paisley at his funeral and to this day, I still find it very difficult to hear the song without a bit of melancholy.

Perhaps some day soon I will be in the place you have come to with the loss of your dad.

Thank you for posting this.

So sweet, Opa. I think your Dad would like this song too, don't you?
smile.png

Robin'sBrood :

So sweet, Opa. I think your Dad would like this song too, don't you?
smile.png

Very pretty song. I'm sure he would have.​

Quote:
Absolutely beautiful Opa, thanks for posting that.
hugs.gif
My mom and dad are 81 both with health issues and I can't even fathom the thought of that day when they are no longer here. But knowing that, makes me treasure every second that I am with them. I never want to have any regrets so I always make sure they know exactly how I feel about them.

hugs.gif
.... like you I think of both of my parents everyday... my dad has been gone 35 years and my mother 5 years......... time heals, but like you say memories of those departed live forever in ones heart...... tis good to remember......

So glad to hear that you've found peace...it can be so hard . I've still yet to deal with my uncle's death who was more of a father to me than my own . Day by day it takes , and remembering who they were , and what light they brought to life helps . My father lives 10 miles away....and after numerous phone calls through the years , will only call when he feels guilty . Rest peacefully knowing he loved you , and is still there watching over you !
hugs.gif

I lost my lovely Irish grandmother ( and best friend) 8 years ago, but still think of her daily. There have been sooo many times that I walked toward the phone to call her.
I never went to mass without her, and our favorite song was "let there be peace on earth."
We just found out that my brother is expecting a baby girl. She will be named Colletta after our Gram.
hit.gif

Darn it- why did I have so many boys!?!

Back
Top Bottom