Illegal Chickens?

We don't have legal limits here - maybe you should come to England
smile.png

We're allowed up to 50 hens, after that you have to register as a keeper (which is free) and thats about it.

But I wont tell anyone that you have 7
smile.png

you should move to tn, we have no rules no permits on anything!! I have 16 b/c of chicken math i ws supposed to just start with 3 but thats an odd number and they needed friends and then don't forget spring, thats when you HAVE to get chicks.. so maybe another 16 or 20...b/c now i am experciend.. muhahaha

just tell people they aren't chickens... the extra ones they are pollo's ! lol

i agree, just bribe neighbors with some eggs. you don't even have to tell them that you're bribing them, just go over every once and a while and give a half dozen eggs or so to the neighbors on either side. if they ask questions, just say you had extra eggs.
tongue.png

Tehehe I live on a full size farm and 'The Rules' say I can only have 'a maximum total of 20 poultry of any kind' or I need a permit.
th.gif

I have 60+ and I don't have a stoopid permit, it's a farm for goodness sake!
roll.png

Have fun with your girls, they sound lovely.
smile.png

For a while we didn't have chickens. Instead we had Hanford parakeets in the back yard.
tongue.png

(P.S. for those of you that might not know, Hanford is a nuclear reservation in Eastern Washington State.)

Ug! I feel your pain. I'm not allowed ANY chickens. If I lived 10 minutes down the road, I could have four hens. Obviously, I'm not good at math as I don't know how many miles away I could legally have chickens sooo obviously I'm a chicken math failure as well. I didn't realize I needed a speckled sussex and blue orpington too. Luckily my neighbors are great and love the birds. My coop and run are tucked away nicely and I never let it get smelly. My girls free range the back yard daily, when supervised and cooperate by being very quiet. Chickens? What chickens?!!
hu.gif

Quote:
I have six. I thought I might end up with four out of six.....one was doing well from being shipped and another we were 100% was a rooster. The weak one got better, and the roo turned out NOT to be a roo (I found out you can't feather sex Speckled Sussex & just because they act like a roo doesn't mean they are one
idunno.gif
). My neighbor is a deputy sheriff and when I told him, he said no one cares unless you have a rooster. He gives the girls all the weeds and fallen apples from their yard
big_smile.png
. So just as long as your neighbors don't complain you're fine.

Most of the folks that make "chicken limit" rules and laws have never kept any type livestock or chickens....

We are their flock....

But not to worry and not to fret for they know what is best for us....

As well as the best way for you to keep your chickens....

Back
Top Bottom