Illinois...

The Kankakee Farm swap on FB got shut down, they have a mewe site though.. info below

if anyone here was on my facebook Kankakee farm swap group with over 30,000 members, heads up fb shut it down today due to poultry etc. sales:( so we started a group here on Mewe to keep members in contact with each other and continue selling our farm animals.. feel free to join.
https://mewe.com/join/kankakeefarmswap

Do you remember how I suspected 3 hens of laying the recent brown eggs appearing in the coop? Well, I can confirm today that I have 3 brown egg layers! (Chizzy: the Speckled Sussex, Crystal: The Silver Laced Orp, and Cupcake: Buff Colombian Orp) On top of that I'm getting 2 daily Leghorn eggs and 2-3 useless bantam eggs. I never had so many active layers in December! I'm getting about 4-6 eggs per day! I haven't had to buy eggs this year and I can use them for both breakfasts and holiday baking!
:celebrate
Other than the leghorn, none of my spring pullets are laying. Who knows I may end up with too many eggs at some point.

Who knows I may end up with too many eggs at some point
Yes, this is me when everyone is in full production. At one point I had 16 dozen eggs in my pantry. But I do have buyers here and there. I still want a sign I can put out at the street when I have an abundance of the little nuggets.

I'm not so sure the brown eggs I've gotten are from my bb's. I caught Perry the ancient lav I dont like chasing everyone out of the coop and nest hopping this morning. (She really needs to be a stew chicken):rolleyes:

Do you remember how I suspected 3 hens of laying the recent brown eggs appearing in the coop? Well, I can confirm today that I have 3 brown egg layers! (Chizzy: the Speckled Sussex, Crystal: The Silver Laced Orp, and Cupcake: Buff Colombian Orp) On top of that I'm getting 2 daily Leghorn eggs and 2-3 useless bantam eggs. I never had so many active layers in December! I'm getting about 4-6 eggs per day! I haven't had to buy eggs this year and I can use them for both breakfasts and holiday baking!
:celebrate
Other than the leghorn, none of my spring pullets are laying. Who knows I may end up with too many eggs at some point.
That's a good problem to have
I have 4 hens laying .....out of 40+ hens... the 6 pullets, which are 24 to 20 wks, haven't started yet. The 3 oldest have red combs but run from the roo

Egg numbers are still increasing! I got 7 eggs today!!!!!

I also took a few pics outside.

Here's my newest layer, Glow. She hatched April 15th.
IMG_1342 (2).JPG

She's called Glow because of the way her beautiful feathers glow in the sunlight. (Also, she's a GLO = gold laced orp)
IMG_1328 (2).JPG

Here's my blue SLO. She's replacing Blizzard, so I'm going to name her something like "Snowflake" or "Flurry."
IMG_1307 (2).JPG

As she transitions to her adult feathers, she's developing a funny-looking hat.
IMG_1310 (2).JPG

This expression....... :gig
IMG_1311 (2).JPG

Egg numbers are still increasing! I got 7 eggs today!!!!!

I also took a few pics outside.

Here's my newest layer, Glow. She hatched April 15th.
View attachment 1979425
She's called Glow because of the way her beautiful feathers glow in the sunlight. (Also, she's a GLO = gold laced orp)View attachment 1979424

Here's my blue SLO. She's replacing Blizzard, so I'm going to name her something like "Snowflake" or "Flurry."
View attachment 1979428
As she transitions to her adult feathers, she's developing a funny-looking hat.
View attachment 1979429

This expression....... :gigView attachment 1979430
Beautiful Keepers
Love that face

It's beginning to feel a little like Christmas. Snow on the ground this morning & a beautiful Holiday concert this evening. Everyone played & sang well. I really like how the young ladies wear formal gowns and the boys wear tuxes. It gives them such a professional appearance.
IMG_1389 (2).JPG
IMG_1366 (2).JPG

DD's teacher is very young & energetic. She also blends in with the students. LOL
IMG_1369 (2).JPG

Back
Top Bottom