Illinois...

Look what I found under my hens today!
IMG_4288 (2).JPG

IMG_4289.JPG

They're modern game bantams. Some eBay eggs happened to land on my doorstep and found their way into my incubator. Only 4 out of 12 eggs developed thanks to the PO, but we'll see what hatches. I also found 2 random serama eggs that the hens added by themselves.

The MGBs are supposed to be black, so either the seller has other colors or a visiting bantam. Hopefully other colors.... I like both.

Look what I found under my hens today!
View attachment 2227279
View attachment 2227280

They're modern game bantams. Some eBay eggs happened to land on my doorstep and found their way into my incubator. Only 4 out of 12 eggs developed thanks to the PO, but we'll see what hatches. I also found 2 random serama eggs that the hens added by themselves.

The MGBs are supposed to be black, so either the seller has other colors or a visiting bantam. Hopefully other colors.... I like both.
:ya
Better than mine last year 1 out of 23...this year 3 of 18 were broken and none hatched

Ok I checked the msg to my brother....he is happy that I finally started getting them..
so anyway 3 females, last female was wandering around sick and she made 13... so I am at 15
I'm at 16 now

Had to put down a chick that hatched thus this week. Yesterday I seen it was sitting by itself wobbling. Could run about a foot and would fall over like it's left leg gave out. Gave it some nutidrench. This morning it was on its back and couldn't stay upright.

:ya
Better than mine last year 1 out of 23...this year 3 of 18 were broken and none hatched
One of nine for me, I give up on shipped eggs!

I've had my share of 0% hatches with shipped eggs.
So far 4 out of 12 Modern Game Bantams developed but only 2 hatched. The other two eggs were under the hen this morning, but she decided to get up today & mother the ones that hatched.
:barnie

The eggs were slightly cool, so I quickly threw them under Jewel - who is probably the worst hen for hatching. I'll probably move them into the incubator once warmed.

Meanwhile this morning, I got my 1st SLO of the year! Fertility of my SLOs has been terrible. Awesome is a young inexperienced cockerel. Only 4 out of 12 eggs were even fertile. (Had 0 fertile from the past 3 tries!) That's really his only job. I even put his hens in a tractor, so he doesn't have to work hard to catch them.

here's the chick:
IMG_4405 (2).JPG
IMG_4406 (2).JPG

Here's Awesome (a bit wind-blown at time of pic)
IMG_4273.JPG

Here's what hatched in the coop:
2 Mod Game Bantams - a blue & a black
IMG_4371 (2).JPG IMG_4375 (2).JPG

2 seramas (2 eggs slipped by me and got deposited into the nest. Both eggs hatched)
IMG_4373 (2).JPG IMG_4377 (2).JPG

Back
Top Bottom