Illinois...

We joke that everyone in the family has their own breed of chicken. (Sort of like dog breeds and their owners.)

I'm a happy, friendly, hard-working, slow-moving Orpington.
DD is a high-maintenance, loving, pampered pet breed- like her Seramas & Silkies.
DS is easy-going, care-free, handsome Appenzeller Spitzhauben. (He even wants a mohawk for fun!)
and DH is a Modern Game. It's because of some physical resemblance with those legs. He's 6'5" but was thin when we were 1st married and most of his height is in the legs. He finally has his chicken match!
:lau

Open discussion question:
What is the chicken breed that fits YOU?

Open discussion question:
What is the chicken breed that fits YOU?

I'm probably a White Leghorn -- friendly but skittish, high productivity, gets irritated quickly with chickens who are not doing what they're supposed to, early to rise, first to try new things but also the first to tell you when you are wrong, will reliably lay no matter who is in the coop and isn't afraid to tell someone they're in HER nesting box. Has specific place on the roost and everyone else lets her have it because they don't want to hear her cluck about it.

Maybe "Sticks" ? (or Styx for the black one)
Definitely STYX,,,,,,,, since they are from our local area!!!, Black suits the River Styx of the underworld. My underworld only extends to my spelunking :old
Suggestion for the other one. TINA
tina.PNG

Is this raccoon poop? Maybe fox? Really big poop.
Lost almost all of my chicks last night, including favorite. 1 or 2 left, they are scared so I wont bother them to count.
Something killed one and ate the best parts then moved on to the next. Looks like it killed 2 for fun. It dragged several on top of the coop (inside the run) to eat.
20200923_105224.jpg

Is this raccoon poop? Maybe fox? Really big poop.
Lost almost all of my chicks last night, including favorite. 1 or 2 left, they are scared so I wont bother them to count.
Something killed one and ate the best parts then moved on to the next. Looks like it killed 2 for fun. It dragged several on top of the coop (inside the run) to eat.
View attachment 2345052
Its not racoon poop. Racoons have poop that looks loke it has partial undigested berries in it.
unnamed.jpg

I'm so sorry for your losses. This has been a horrible year for losing chickens all around!:hugs

Possibly fox? Skunk? Possum? I thought fox would take what it could to the den. All these were still here and killed for it's best pieces.
Skunks usually don't climb
Fox usually takes
Coons are messy eaterer and usually have the seeds but depends on what they have been eating.
Opossums usually start eating from the vent/abdomen. Scant has a odd smell

Back
Top Bottom