Illinois...

It is chapter 11, so not closing, just need a relief from the moneyhounds..
1610657933972.png

Well first big r changes the name to stock and field and now they are going bankrupt
https://www.donlinrecano.com/Clients/tolive/Index
I heard this from my mother. She doesn't garden or have livestock/poultry, but she loves Big R / Stock and Field. I'm not sure what she buys there aside from clothing/boots once in while. Oddly, I just noticed today that Big R has the front page in our local sales flyer. It looked like typical marketing - not clearance sale advertising. I'm assuming the bankruptcy was rather sudden.

I heard this from my mother. She doesn't garden or have livestock/poultry, but she loves Big R / Stock and Field. I'm not sure what she buys there aside from clothing/boots once in while. Oddly, I just noticed today that Big R has the front page in our local sales flyer. It looked like typical marketing - not clearance sale advertising. I'm assuming the bankruptcy was rather sudden.
Yes. I was just on their website last Wednesday trying to get a hint about dates for their upcoming "chick days." (Some BYC members have been talking about planning spring chick orders which of course made me curious.) Stock and Field did not have the closing announcement then and everything seemed business as usual. In fact, I still see ads to buy their gift cards. LOL Now I know why I did not find info on their 2021 chick sales.

I haven't posted a pic of "Stix" for a while. She doesn't look any different, nor does she show signs of laying eggs .... but I love her.

She came in the house for a little training. Stix (and a serama) are learning to play piano. Seriously. Both are little entertainers. I screened a few birds but find that the more confident, "showy" chickens are better candidates. We'll make a video when one can play more than a couple notes of "Twinkle Twinkle"
IMG_6487 (2).JPG
IMG_6484 (2).JPG
IMG_6490 (2).JPG

I haven't posted a pic of "Stix" for a while. She doesn't look any different, nor does she show signs of laying eggs .... but I love her.

She came in the house for a little training. Stix (and a serama) are learning to play piano. Seriously. Both are little entertainers. I screened a few birds but find that the more confident, "showy" chickens are better candidates. We'll make a video when one can play more than a couple notes of "Twinkle Twinkle"
View attachment 2490045View attachment 2490042View attachment 2490047
Bit different than the orps :gig

Sorta like laura and Hardy

View attachment 2490045View attachment 2490042View attachment 2490047
Is Stix a game breed?

Back
Top Bottom