Illinois...

Hello-
I am looking to re-home a gander. I hatched 3 birds in June. Two have bonded and the outcast is being viciously attacked on sight by one of the bonded pair. I know he is going to be seriously harmed or killed if I do not separate them. I am hoping to find a forever home for him out on a farm. I live in Crystal Lake and would deliver him to the right owner. This breaks my heart, but I know it is best for him.
Very handsome!
I can see what road this leads down:
1. Must have this gander
2. Has no other geese, so puts in an order to make him a flock
3. Gets a few goose eggs for hatching because don't they look cool
4 mid-summer
50c7730027e3a.image.jpg

Very handsome!
I can see what road this leads down:
1. Must have this gander
2. Has no other geese, so puts in an order to make him a flock
3. Gets a few goose eggs for hatching because don't they look cool
4 mid-summer
View attachment 2512664
Are you saying you want my gander? I think you're just making a funny. I sure hope that's your gaggle and you can take him in. He's been hiding in my garage since Friday night. I've tried to re-introduce him a few times, but he just gets chased out into the deep snow. So depressing. I knew there would be fights to establish dominance, but I didn't have any idea that it would be so bad that that can't be near each other at all. He's my best buddy of all 3, but he's miserable and in danger. I need to give him a chance somewhere else.:(

Attachments

• 20210201_094416.jpg
    20210201_094416.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 1
You guys!!! You guys!!!! I think Wanda Beth might have FINALLY laid an egg!!!! Miss Thang is 10 1/2 months old and bigger than the rest of her flock, has had RED comb and waddles since the summer and zero interest in laying eggs. But today, I got an egg that doesn't look like anyone else's color and is a little smaller than what the girls usually lay. It's not tiny small but just on the smaller side of their normal. Only, it's brown. And brown is brown is brown with eggs sometimes. My GLW and Mystic Marans both lay brown eggs and I can tell them apart because one is slightly pinker and the other is slightly darker but without 2 eggs next to each other you could easily mistake them for each other. Also, the GLW lays in the morning and MM lays in the afternoon usually. And of course half the flock is on strike so I barely remember what their eggs look like. 😂

So this was found mid-morning and darker brown than either of their eggs. Could it be Wanda Beth finally remembered what chickens are supposed to do!?!?!
PXL_20210129_140710192~2.jpg
PXL_20210202_164132439.PORTRAIT~2.jpg

You guys!!! You guys!!!! I think Wanda Beth might have FINALLY laid an egg!!!! Miss Thang is 10 1/2 months old and bigger than the rest of her flock, has had RED comb and waddles since the summer and zero interest in laying eggs. But today, I got an egg that doesn't look like anyone else's color and is a little smaller than what the girls usually lay. It's not tiny small but just on the smaller side of their normal. Only, it's brown. And brown is brown is brown with eggs sometimes. My GLW and Mystic Marans both lay brown eggs and I can tell them apart because one is slightly pinker and the other is slightly darker but without 2 eggs next to each other you could easily mistake them for each other. Also, the GLW lays in the morning and MM lays in the afternoon usually. And of course half the flock is on strike so I barely remember what their eggs look like. 😂

So this was found mid-morning and darker brown than either of their eggs. Could it be Wanda Beth finally remembered what chickens are supposed to do!?!?!View attachment 2512963View attachment 2512965
Woo hoo
Hope it's her

Are you saying you want my gander? I think you're just making a funny. I sure hope that's your gaggle and you can take him in. He's been hiding in my garage since Friday night. I've tried to re-introduce him a few times, but he just gets chased out into the deep snow. So depressing. I knew there would be fights to establish dominance, but I didn't have any idea that it would be so bad that that can't be near each other at all. He's my best buddy of all 3, but he's miserable and in danger. I need to give him a chance somewhere else.:(
Please do hang in there.
I was making a funny, I'm sorry if it seemed like I was taking advantage of your situation. I wish I had space for geese and I don't think it would be fair to take him as a loner. Are you on Facebook? If not maybe I can hop on and see if I can find a home in one of the Illinois or Wisconsin farm groups. I hope one of us can help here.

Please do hang in there.
I was making a funny, I'm sorry if it seemed like I was taking advantage of your situation. I wish I had space for geese and I don't think it would be fair to take him as a loner. Are you on Facebook? If not maybe I can hop on and see if I can find a home in one of the Illinois or Wisconsin farm groups. I hope one of us can help here.
If you are aware of Facebook groups that might find my buddy a new home, I would be greatly appreciative. I will drive a long distance to deliver him to a good home. He used to trumpet all day long and chase cars and people walking up and down the fence line, just full of spirit. He hasn't made a peep since the attacks started Friday. Poor guy.

Attachments

• 20210201_094416.jpg
    20210201_094416.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 1
Hello-
I am looking to re-home a gander. I hatched 3 birds in June. Two have bonded and the outcast is being viciously attacked on sight by one of the bonded pair. I know he is going to be seriously harmed or killed if I do not separate them. I am hoping to find a forever home for him out on a farm. I live in Crystal Lake and would deliver him to the right owner. This breaks my heart, but I know it is best for him.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DuPageChickens/?ref=share.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/chicagolandbackyardchickens/?ref=share.
You can try these groups

Back
Top Bottom