Illinois...

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by mothergoose, Jan 13, 2007.

1. NotAFarm

NotAFarm Embracing the New! Premium Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Illinois
    Quote:Looks like you all had fun! Now who is who? [​IMG]

There are six BYCers in the pic: I'm in the front row with my granddaughter, Katie, on my lap and next to me is our son, Adam. In the black t-shirt
    is Al, bluebird's husband. In the row behind him, left to right, is my friend, Jan, daughter, Steph, BYCer bluebird (Debbie) and Mark (paradisefoundfarm's DH). Next row up is Denise (paradisefoundfarm), Jeanie (6chickensinstcharles), and Jerry (jerryse). Top row, Rich (6chickens DH) and her three sons. The one on the top right is BYCer ThatOneGuy. My other daughter (Mom of Katie) took the pic. That was everyone at that time. Many more came later but I didn't take any other pictures as I left right after eating to get home and get chickens in their coops before dark. I hope someone else got some and will post them!

I hope to get the opportunity to meet more of you in the future and look forward to seeing everyone from this get-together again!!

2. cockandbullfarms

cockandbullfarms New Egg

Aug 17, 2011
    Hey all,

I just came into a bunch of used Cyclone galvanized hanging feeders and 110V plastic electric water (bowl style) heaters, much like they sell at my local Rural King. I dont know if anyone is interested this late in the season, but I have a bunch.

The cyclone feeder appears to hold about 50#, much bigger than the 35# feeders I have used previously. They are galvanized, and heavier gage metal than the newer hanging feeders I have bought recently.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6093024335

The heaters are as seen below, my 1 gallon founts fit into them, and they also have a plastic bowl, which leads me to believe that water can be placed directly in the heater and kept warm for winter. The founts are not included.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6093566980

I should add that I am in southern IL, about 25 miles east of St Louis. I will try to get some pictures up later... Im thinking $20 on the feeders and $8 on the waterer heaters.

Im curious if anyone is interested, right now they are taking up space in my barn...

thanks

cbf

Last edited: Aug 29, 2011
  3. kfacres

kfacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    any IL Silkie people??

4. stormylady

stormylady Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Quote:I have some non-bearded pet Quality silkies here in decatur.

5. kfacres

Jul 14, 2011
    Quote:I have some non-bearded pet Quality silkies here in decatur.

That's almost what we want.. We want something that will set on eggs, 2 or 3x a year; and can have the ability to reproduce itself onward...

Dang, decatur, is a little bit the wrong direction, but keep me in mind if you ever head west...

6. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Ok thanks I have 6 silkie hens that are broody at the moment, one just hatched out and raised 5 now she is back on the next and sitting more eggs, another just hatched out 2 chicks 3 days ago and The others are just about ready to hatch all my babies that are from momma is 12/13 weeks old 3 girls and 2 boys and I have no idea what the other 2 newest babies are! LOL Pm me if ya ever want to come down and take a peek! Sandy

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Sandy, ship em! LOL!

8. StevenW.

StevenW. Lovin' My Quackers!

Oct 7, 2010
    Central, Illinois
    Anyone going to the Farm Progress Show in Decatur? I'm going on Wednesday with our FFA Chapter.

9. kfacres

Jul 14, 2011
    which reminds me...too bad I'm not going to the FP Show tommorrow...

10. stormylady

Dec 27, 2008
    Illinois
    Quote:I wish![​IMG]

And what exactly is the Farm Progress show??? I saw all the signs for it but the boys wouldn't go with me![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by