Illinois...

Having some trouble with a prolapsed hen. Cleaned and pushed back in twice. Keeps happening. She is still acting fine and even laid today. Not sure whether to cull her now or try something different
Keep doing what you are doing. Maybe it will cure itself. If she is acting fine,,,, let her try to recover.

Having some trouble with a prolapsed hen. Cleaned and pushed back in twice. Keeps happening. She is still acting fine and even laid today. Not sure whether to cull her now or try something different
I have heard to keep her in the dark and don't give her any calcium, no layer feed or oyster shell, to keep her from laying.

Look at what my "girl" turkey can do!!!!
20211002_080701.jpg
20211002_080612.jpg

20211002_080702.jpg

Guess that answer the gender question.

Guess that answer the gender question.
Handsome fellow. Mine are also strutting their stuff.

If you decide to keep him, I can send him a girlfriend in November. My neighbor has grown quite attached. She brings them treats and talks to the turkeys. The female is especially nice and cocks her head like she's trying to understand. We plan to eat the boys, but the girl won't be as much of a meal.

I was honored with a BYC Friend medal and had no idea. How cool is that?!

Cold weather seems to be holding off so far this year. I'm going with stay fairly warm through the end of the month. It's a lot nicer to trick or treat with the kids when it's not snowing or freezing cold. We also have the kids' joint birthday party later this month and hope to be able to have people outside.

I may need to throw out nearly 75-100lbs of duck feed. I use meat bird feed, which F&F now only carries as granules and not pellets (and they raised there peice on it to $16 or $18 when it used to be $14). The granules compact easier. While I was out of town my sister fed the birds. She didn't fully seal the lids on the cans I store the feed in and moist air got in and condensed into water, making an ideal environment for mold. :( I pulled out clumps of feed that were compacted and molded. I may need to stay going to the other feed store again. What's the name of the family operated feed store further East again? I haven't been in about a year... @Molpet we met up there before. I could try Tri-County Stockdale again too. I need high protein feed that's pelleted and isn't going to cost an arm and a leg.

I may need to throw out nearly 75-100lbs of duck feed. I use meat bird feed, which F&F now only carries as granules and not pellets (and they raised there peice on it to $16 or $18 when it used to be $14). The granules compact easier. While I was out of town my sister fed the birds. She didn't fully seal the lids on the cans I store the feed in and moist air got in and condensed into water, making an ideal environment for mold. :( I pulled out clumps of feed that were compacted and molded. I may need to stay going to the other feed store again. What's the name of the family operated feed store further East again? I haven't been in about a year... @Molpet we met up there before. I could try Tri-County Stockdale again too. I need high protein feed that's pelleted and isn't going to cost an arm and a leg.
https://ludwigsfeedstore.com/

Expect feed prices to go higher EVERYWHERE,,,, Including higher prices for EVERYTHING ELSE. :old :(

Back
Top Bottom