Illinois...

Look what hatched today: 6 chubby, fluffy Orpingtons
I have one happy Silkie Mama
IMG_9450 (2).JPG

Hi All,
missed the big storm last weekend, I popped over to MI last Thursday. Tore out of here at 5:30A to get ahead of the storm, then had to leave early Sunday from there to beat the gale. Anyway, I had good weather the whole time! :cool:
I see we've left winter for mud season. Poor chickens, my wood chip pile is still too frozen to pull chips from for the chicken yard-now pond, I'm thinking of picking up a couple of bags at the store to throw down.

Hi All,
missed the big storm last weekend, I popped over to MI last Thursday. Tore out of here at 5:30A to get ahead of the storm, then had to leave early Sunday from there to beat the gale. Anyway, I had good weather the whole time! :cool:
I see we've left winter for mud season. Poor chickens, my wood chip pile is still too frozen to pull chips from for the chicken yard-now pond, I'm thinking of picking up a couple of bags at the store to throw down.
Yes the path through the garden to the poultry yard is boot sucking mud. When it quits raining I plan to venture out to the back shed and get straw to put down.... Poultry yard is ice covered in straw and icky.

Cuties
What colors will they grow into?
One looks like the typical black orp. (2nd from left with the "eyebrows")
I'm pretty sure it's a black/lav split.

The remaining 5 all have some traits from my laced orps. My guess is the lav rooster prefers the exotic silver laced girls and the SLO male got lucky with the black orp pullet. My prediction is they'll be partially laced.

Back
Top Bottom