Illinois...

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by mothergoose, Jan 13, 2007.

1. tbitt

tbitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    IL
    ahyup... I live about 20 min away from sandwich....lovely town. Welcome!

2. amyunderwood307

amyunderwood307 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2012
    Sandwich is a great place to go if you enjoy antique shops! i can count 5 of them in walking distance from where i live. quite abit for a town of 7,000! and the sandwich fair is a blast, with GREAT cream puffs:)

3. windybess

windybess New Egg

May 5, 2012
    Minooka, IL
    Hi ... I'm in Minooka, IL and am curious about how much trouble I am going to have when I put a few chickens in my backyard. My neighbors are cool enough and I doubt they'll mind as long as I'm responsible. I cannot locate any ordinances regarding the legality of it all. I was hoping you could shed some light?

4. Franzen Farms

Franzen Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 25, 2010
    Wilmington, IL
    sometimes its easier to ask for forgiveness rather than permission. Hello from Wilmington

5. ParadiseFoundFarm

ParadiseFoundFarm Goddess of Good Things

Jul 6, 2010
    Joliet, IL
    Welcome Windy & Amy! [​IMG]
    Nice to have some closer neighbors here in the communist state of Illinois. [​IMG]
    Our farm is just outside of Joliet. [​IMG] It's nice to know we have new friends so close![​IMG]
    Welcome to the neighborhood![​IMG]
    Tell us a little more about yourselves and your chickens[​IMG] or soon to be had chickens.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]So happy you've joined us.
    Denise

6. Gargoyle

Gargoyle Overrun With Chickens

Apr 13, 2011
    Fox Valley, IL
    My Coop
    A belated reply to your post from a month ago, but based on your blog I'd say I'm about 7 or 8 minutes away from you. [​IMG]

edit: correction, I looked at your blog again, it says you're in Wayne Township, not the Village of Wayne, so you're more like 15 or 20 minutes from me.

BTW, I just learned that Batavia legalized backyard chickens a year ago, and the city website includes a link to backyardchickens.com!
    (clicking this image should take you to the Batavia website).

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  7. dallas1

dallas1 Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2012
    Batchtown IL. 30+ Years!
    Hi from Batchtown IL. Looking for some Mottled Cochen Bantams.

8. kfacres

kfacres Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2011
    Have a group of dark cornish bantams that I am considering selling, if anyone is interested-- pm for more details.

9. dallas1

dallas1 Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2012
    Batchtown IL. 30+ Years!
    Hi from Batchtown IL. Looking for some Mottled Cochen Bantams or Black or Buff!

10. tbitt

tbitt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    IL
    Any swaps or shows coming up soon?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by