Illinois...

Sandwich is a great place to go if you enjoy antique shops! i can count 5 of them in walking distance from where i live. quite abit for a town of 7,000! and the sandwich fair is a blast, with GREAT cream puffs:)

Hi ... I'm in Minooka, IL and am curious about how much trouble I am going to have when I put a few chickens in my backyard. My neighbors are cool enough and I doubt they'll mind as long as I'm responsible. I cannot locate any ordinances regarding the legality of it all. I was hoping you could shed some light?

Hi ... I'm in Minooka, IL and am curious about how much trouble I am going to have when I put a few chickens in my backyard. My neighbors are cool enough and I doubt they'll mind as long as I'm responsible. I cannot locate any ordinances regarding the legality of it all. I was hoping you could shed some light?
sometimes its easier to ask for forgiveness rather than permission. Hello from Wilmington

Welcome Windy & Amy!
frow.gif

Nice to have some closer neighbors here in the communist state of Illinois.
hide.gif

Our farm is just outside of Joliet.
tongue.png
It's nice to know we have new friends so close!
yippiechickie.gif

Welcome to the neighborhood!
wee.gif

Tell us a little more about yourselves and your chickens
D.gif
or soon to be had chickens.
jumpy.gif

celebrate.gif
So happy you've joined us.
Denise

Hi Everyone!
We just got 6 chicks a few weeks ago 3 black sex links and 3 isa browns from TSC. I just ordered 2 Araucanas they should be in this week. I'm new to keeping chicks & chickens. We are in the far western suburbs of Chicago, anyone near by? I'd love to hear what you do in the winter.....I know I have some time to get ready just want to be prepared :)

A belated reply to your post from a month ago, but based on your blog I'd say I'm about 7 or 8 minutes away from you.
big_smile.png

edit: correction, I looked at your blog again, it says you're in Wayne Township, not the Village of Wayne, so you're more like 15 or 20 minutes from me.

BTW, I just learned that Batavia legalized backyard chickens a year ago, and the city website includes a link to backyardchickens.com!
(clicking this image should take you to the Batavia website).

Last edited:
Have a group of dark cornish bantams that I am considering selling, if anyone is interested-- pm for more details.

Back
Top Bottom