Illinois...

ChicagoClucker-
I just ran out & took some pics. Here are the siblings. With this breed, it really helps to compare. All hatched on April 12th.
The females combs look darker pink when they're hot (like today), but when compared to the males' BIG RED combs & wattles, it's easy to tell them apart.

Female Lav orp

Female blk/lav split orp #1

Female blk/lav split orp #2

Male blk/lav split orp #1

Male blk/lav split orp #2

The second pic of your Lav Pullet reminds me of the Marilyn Monroe photo when her dress is being blown up. Love it!

You are hilarious!

What? LOL, that's what popped into my head when I saw her pretty pullet with the wind blowing her feathers.

On a sad note, I candled my Blue lace project eggs. I am down to 2 that look great and 2 that are iffy, veining is weak and lost another. Shipped eggs kill me!
And apparently, my chicks aren't shipping out until next Tuesday hopefully, it may have been my fault, cause I messaged him and asked if he had a blue cuckoo to add to my box of BBS. I am having cuckoo envy, looking at your chicks.

What? LOL, that's what popped into my head when I saw her pretty pullet with the wind blowing her feathers.

On a sad note, I candled my Blue lace project eggs. I am down to 2 that look great and 2 that are iffy, veining is weak and lost another. Shipped eggs kill me!
And apparently, my chicks aren't shipping out until next Tuesday hopefully, it may have been my fault, cause I messaged him and asked if he had a blue cuckoo to add to my box of BBS. I am having cuckoo envy, looking at your chicks.
Sorry to hear you are down to 4 eggs. I also lost a chick today which had internally pipped yesterday but could not break the shell. I did an egg-topsy and it was another legbar girl. Have 3 more pipped. I really need just one more white Legbar from a particular hens eggs so the suspense is over.

Also, you could have just asked me for 1 chocolate cuckoo. Now you have to wait another week.

Last edited:
Hi I'm from mount Vernon il we he 7 hens 1rooster not sure of the breed I'll be asking for a lot of pointers my wife and I are extremely new at this

Hi I'm from mount Vernon il we he 7 hens 1rooster not sure of the breed I'll be asking for a lot of pointers my wife and I are extremely new at this
You came to the right place. I have found this site so helpful. Welcome to BYC!:welcome

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC. As I say, we are fellow enablers to this addiction. We will help you fulfill your addiction in every possible way and show you how to make 2+2 = 12

Welcome to BYC. As I say, we are fellow enablers to this addiction. We will help you fulfill your addiction in every possible way and show you how to make 2+2 = 12
Welcome & yes, chickens are very addictive. Feel free to jump in & ask questions.

Haven't named this one yet. Nothing has really stuck. Perhaps Marilyn.

We have a Princess Lay-a (white hen), Darth Layer (black orp), & our little Cookie is nicknamed "the Bantam Menace." (She's also called "Cookie Monster" when she's broody.)
One of the Bielefelder pullets is named "Chew-BAWK-a" DD named a younger lav female "Sweetie." (Misspelled it once as Sweaty, so it's already collecting nicknames, while the pullet pictured has no name other than "the other lavender chick.")

Does anyone here have some fun chicken names?

Back
Top Bottom