Illinois...

Wish I could help, but I don't breed any of what your looking for. Good luck hopefully someone here can help u. @Junibutt YAY chicks

Welcome Vastplains!
welcome-byc.gif

I met some new friends via Craigslist & also had a few weirdos. I do not have any of the breeds you're looking for, but I will post any chicks for sale here - before Craigslist. I will be setting a test hatch soon which will include pure lavender orpingtons, black orps, bielefelders, & maybe a few sex-link Easter-Orps. I've already collected too many eggs, so I must decide which ones to set.

I'm actually hatching the Biele eggs in hopes of getting a roo. When my giant Biele boy died last fall I sold my hens & decided to start over this spring. The people to whom I sold my other rooster absolutely adore him. Like my biele boy, his brother is just the perfect roo. I've only heard positive reviews about them & no one has had a mean one. This is the 1st year I actually want to hatch roosters. I already have 3 school groups scheduled for an incubation unit, so I'm sure they'll be plenty of chicks....... That's another reason why my test hatch should be small. I already have 2 doz eggs & only should to hatch less than 12. My incubator hold 50+, so it's really difficult to set 12 or less eggs.

Thanks for the reply! We have gotten hatchery chickens in the past and although they were healthy birds they were also little with conformation issues. We don't want to show so I guess I should say heritage quality, whereby they are missing on some points but they are a good, big healthy bird.

In honesty, I'll probably be taken to task here which is why I'm more of a lurker, but I was less impressed with our best strains show quality birds we had in years past than in our hatchery birds. We had brahmas that rarely laid eggs and the roosters were prone to heart attacks. We also had show quality black and blue Orpingtons that mainly stayed in the chicken house staring at the walls. The Overton Speckled Sussex finally gave me hope that one could have a beautiful bird that also had good health and personalities.

I've seen some good heritage quality birds but they've just been states away. Grrrrrr.

Thanks for the reply! We have gotten hatchery chickens in the past and although they were healthy birds they were also little with conformation issues. We don't want to show so I guess I should say heritage quality, whereby they are missing on some points but they are a good, big healthy bird.

In honesty, I'll probably be taken to task here which is why I'm more of a lurker, but I was less impressed with our best strains show quality birds we had in years past than in our hatchery birds. We had brahmas that rarely laid eggs and the roosters were prone to heart attacks. We also had show quality black and blue Orpingtons that mainly stayed in the chicken house staring at the walls. The Overton Speckled Sussex finally gave me hope that one could have a beautiful bird that also had good health and personalities.

I've seen some good heritage quality birds but they've just been states away. Grrrrrr.
Welcome to the group. Where about in Illinois are you? A very reputable breeder of Barnevelders (both standard and blue laced red), owes me some eggs I paid for last year. I am focusing on Orpingtons now so won't help me anymore but I can get you the eggs instead or hatch them for you.

If you are interested send me a PM and we can work something out.

Back
Top Bottom