Illinois...

I keep checking for pips.  Nothing yet.

To hold you over...

6-19 "Lady" externally pipped within the hour, albeit on the wrong end...

The other four are all internally pipped...

6-18 "Sweetie"
6-20 "Swt"
6-20 "Snug"
D.L. 6-21 (black)

The other just dated eggs were clear...

Last edited:
To hold you over...

6-19 "Lady" externally pipped within the hour, albeit on the wrong end...

The other four are all internally pipped...

6-18 "Sweetie"
6-20 "Swt"
6-20 "Snug"
D.L. 6-21 (black)

The other just dated eggs were clear...
celebrate.gif

I really do hope you get Lady's chick. (25% chance lav, 75% chance black) She was an amazing black beauty that had to be put down on the same day we met. She had an injury & it looked like she was suffering. DL's (Darth Layer) should be a black orp (but 25% chance of being a blk/lav split = still looks black) Sweetie & Snuggles are 50/50 for either color.

Here was our beautiful Lady MacBawk

On the subject of compost, I do that also, but don't use the fancy hardware, just a natural pile away in a remote area. (too far and small size to smell) I do cover with grass clippings and tarp so no flies. Use it to feed my flowers. On my lawn I do use the granular fertilizer, no weed killer. There is one area that I don't put any fertilizer at all. It is the area where my
huge
dogzzzz do their business.
lau.gif

It is where the grass grows best and greenest. I can submit proof with pictures. ( of grass, not land mushrooms)
gig.gif

Last edited:
Guess who just crowed?

Yep. Trouble just left these chicks about 2 weeks ago & he made his 1st crow today. Hatched May 13th, so only 2 months old. Of course his daddy started crowing at 3 mo & was mating the adult hens by 3.5 months. (I had the fertile eggs to prove it!) Apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Speaking of chicks, I have one pip. It's one of the sex-link mixes from Bubbles.

So the 1st pip did not hatch yet, but a big thank you & congrats to MeepBeep! You are the proud grandparent of 2 CLs. The 1st is a male so I named him after DH & the second is female, so I named her after myself. There are about 6 pips. Tomorrow is the hatch date, but since it's our anniv I thought the names would be appropriate. DH is dropping the kids off so I'll be back tomorrow with some cute chick pics.

Back
Top Bottom