Illinois...

Yes, to all the new members :welcome

I hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful weekend.
IMG_3911.JPG

@chickendreams24
I was hoping to make it up for the Thresheree & a visit today but DH didn't get his work done. :( I even baked my famous cinnamon buns to share! (Way better than the pretzels)

I guess the kids & I will stay local & enjoy the nice weather. I "SHOULD" work on some pickles, but I think I'll spend more time with the kids. We're heading out to the Zoo for a quick picnic and will leave DH a quiet house to do his work.

@chickendreams24
I was hoping to make it up for the Thresheree & a visit today but DH didn't get his work done. :( I even baked my famous cinnamon buns to share! (Way better than the pretzels)

I guess the kids & I will stay local & enjoy the nice weather. I "SHOULD" work on some pickles, but I think I'll spend more time with the kids. We're heading out to the Zoo for a quick picnic and will leave DH a quiet house to do his work.

@Faraday40
Just wanted to let you know that Darth Layer will be missed. :) Also her daughter Ella(as we assume- I'll try a test hatch sometime to see if Ella carries lavender of course if she is she could have it from Dummy) is a treasure and is very much adored. DL's memory and sweet temperament lives on in her.

DH2B came up with another name for you to use. Obiwan Eggnobi. :D

Missed you today! Bummer but there's always next year. It was pretty warm here today. Yesterday was a much nicer day for it.

Glad you guys got to enjoy the day anyway. We are wiped. 200+ acres is a ton. We got some really nice stuff I'll have to tell you about. Lots of fun!

We also caught the war reenactment this year! So fun. :)

Took some pics over the weekend to share & show how the "babies" are growing.
My DD's 1st silkie just started laying. (Hatched March 3rd, so 6 mo old now)
img_4052-jpg.1129282

Our "Mini Moose" (son of Moose) hatched March 31st. It looks like he may grow bigger than his daddy. We put his bigger bro in the freezer. He looked better but had some strange gold brown on his shoulder/wings. That guy also disliked being picked up. I really need my roos to be docile around around people.

The splash silkie below hatched April 15th & looks like a female.
img_4061-copy-jpg.1129283

Our Spitzhauben also hatched April 15th. I'm debating rehoming her, but DS has been holding her a lot.
img_4063-jpg.1129284

img_3948-jpg.1129290

Oopsie went broody & hatched more chicks. We rehomed all but one. (Didn't want her to go through depression.) The kids named the chick "Penguin." She's a spoiled little thing & the whole flock watches over her.
img_4077-copy-jpg.1129285
img_3932-jpg.1129293

DS has become quite the chicken-lover. He may even surpass DD someday. Here's his fav gal: Chizzy. She's still his "special sussex" even after the comb injury. (caused by a young cock)
img_3907-jpg.1129292

Here are some of the chicks from @Junibutt

I think I'm going to keep this project blue laced to mate with the
black laced. She's a nice & shape, so perhaps that will improve the lacing in next year's chicks. Chicks should be 1/2 black laced & 1/2 blue laced right?
IMG_4054.JPG

Here's where I'm torn. I want to keep ONE blk/lav split.
1st one is not as calm, smaller, & more round. (The brown color is actually from the angle of the sun. Both are shiny black.)
IMG_4051.JPG
2nd one is bigger, calmer, but has a few white feather tips. Both have a couple white wing feathers that should be replaced when they get their adult feathers.
IMG_4080.JPG

This guy also came from the blue laced project eggs. I like his size but his lacing isn't good. He won't be staying. What's funny is that these 11.5 wk old birds are still being mothered by Trouble. (hatched June 17th!)
IMG_4056.JPG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom