Illinois...

Quote:
Someone else close by...cool.

Ummm. Right now in the incubator I have all Large Fowl SLW, GLW, BLRW, blue/red, BBS and assorted pure Cochin, Light Brahmas, Buff Brahmas and Barnies. Way too late for me to be incubating but stuff happens...LOL

How's the incubating going? Where did you find the GLW, BLRW eggs? One of our friends gave us an incubator and I was thinking about trying it out later this spring. Have never done it before, but remember my uncles had incubators when I was a kid and it was nifty!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I really like the different varieties of Wyandottes and would like Welsummers, too. Of course, would have to get a Jersey Giant or two to keep peace
wink.png

Quote:
Someone else close by...cool.

Ummm. Right now in the incubator I have all Large Fowl SLW, GLW, BLRW, blue/red, BBS and assorted pure Cochin, Light Brahmas, Buff Brahmas and Barnies. Way too late for me to be incubating but stuff happens...LOL

How's the incubating going? Where did you find the GLW, BLRW eggs? One of our friends gave us an incubator and I was thinking about trying it out later this spring. Have never done it before, but remember my uncles had incubators when I was a kid and it was nifty!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

I really like the different varieties of Wyandottes and would like Welsummers, too. Of course, would have to get a Jersey Giant or two to keep peace
wink.png

I hatched 1 light brahma and 1 BBS cochin. I will never by eggs from Gabbard Farms again, each time I end up with either no hatch or just 1 or 2 out of 40 or more, no hatched chicks from any of her eggs I bought ( SLW, GLW, BLRW, buff Brahma, light Brahma and Barnies).

If you want some Wyandottes I can recommend looking at the breeders list here at BYC. I just ordered some BLRW eggs from Danny39...should get them by next Monday...hope for a good hatch. If you like light Brahmas I can recommend BigDawg...I have had good luck with eggs from him and the birds are nice looking.

Would love to give you some eggs since we are so close, but it will be quite a while before I have anything of laying age.

Quote:
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

wink.png

I hatched 1 light brahma and 1 BBS cochin. I will never by eggs from Gabbard Farms again, each time I end up with either no hatch or just 1 or 2 out of 40 or more, no hatched chicks from any of her eggs I bought ( SLW, GLW, BLRW, buff Brahma, light Brahma and Barnies).

If you want some Wyandottes I can recommend looking at the breeders list here at BYC. I just ordered some BLRW eggs from Danny39...should get them by next Monday...hope for a good hatch. If you like light Brahmas I can recommend BigDawg...I have had good luck with eggs from him and the birds are nice looking.

Would love to give you some eggs since we are so close, but it will be quite a while before I have anything of laying age.

Thanks for the info! Will definitely check it out when it gets closer to spring--but do let me know how the incubating goes with the eggs from Danny39. I would love some BLRW eggs and if you get a good hatch, I'll see if I can get some when the weather gets warmer. It's just so cold now and we're really short on room in the house, so that's not an option.

Keep in touch and let me know how it's going.
jumpy.gif

Quote:
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

wink.png

ARRRRRGH Gabbard..........
duc.gif

Hi folks!
Butting in over here to see if any of you in the Chicago area would happen to be headed to SE Texas or SW Louisiana for the holidays?
Trying to get a little Call duck down here from that area-he doesn't seem to be loving the cold up there and I'm trying to get him to a warmer climate.
Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:
Yep, this Call would be coming from the greater Joliet area. Anybody? This guy wants to go south for the winter but can't fly!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom